Got a new betta!

lucky123

Hello! I stopped at petsmart for some dog food and knowing me, I had to check out the bettas! I just fell in love with this little guy! His cup says he’s a twin tail half moon betta! I just got him into his 10 gallon and he’s loving it! He doesn’t appear to have any diseases but please let me know if you guys think anything is wrong from the pictures! He’s so small (like half the size of my past betta)! As of now, he’s bluish turquoise black! Name ideas and tips are welcome! Thanks!

Salem

What a beautiful man you found. He looks to be fine for the most part. His fins are quite big so just keep an eye on that to make sure they aren't dragging him down at all or getting cuts.

Upvote 0

lucky123

What a beautiful man you found. He looks to be fine for the most part. His fins are quite big so just keep an eye on that to make sure they aren't dragging him down at all or getting cuts.
Thank you! They do look giant compared to his tiny body! Sometimes when he floats in place, his fins seem to be a little heavy, but he seems to love his new home! I just have one concern. He seems to be very feisty and is constantly flaring at something, whether it be the glass of his tank or his decor! Is this stressful for him? Should I do something about it or will the aggression ease once he settles in? Sorry for all the questions, my old betta lived for almost four years so he was quite a bit calmer and more used to a routine! Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Salem

Thank you! They do look giant compared to his tiny body! Sometimes when he floats in place, his fins seem to be a little heavy, but he seems to love his new home! I just have one concern. He seems to be very feisty and is constantly flaring at something, whether it be the glass of his tank or his decor! Is this stressful for him? Should I do something about it or will the aggression ease once he settles in? Sorry for all the questions, my old betta lived for almost four years so he was quite a bit calmer and more used to a routine! Thanks again!
It should be okay but if you'd like you could tape paper or paint over the back and sides of his tank to get rid of as many reflections as possible. Some bettas are just super angry at every though!

Upvote 0

Debbie1986

Make sure to have a plant - real or silk that he can rest on.

he's lovely!

Upvote 0

lucky123

Make sure to have a plant - real or silk that he can rest on.

he's lovely!
Ok! I have couple fake plants for him thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Fisch

If the plants are close to the glass to prevent the reflection, that may help.
My Betta flares, and I put a couple of big IAL against the glass (on the inside). It seems to de-stress a bit.

Upvote 0

lucky123

If the plants are close to the glass to prevent the reflection, that may help.
My Betta flares, and I put a couple of big IAL against the glass (on the inside). It seems to de-stress a bit.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to order some bigger Indian almond leaves soon!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Preston Landolt
Replies
Views
Manan
  • Question
Replies
Views
tapwater