Got a nerite snail today!

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
OMG YOU GUYS I can hardly contain my excitement. Look at this nerite I found today!! We had no intention of buying anything, just went in to look around, as we do frequently. But when I saw this guy I couldn't say no! And my boyfriend, who is definitely the more level-headed of the two of us agreed he was too cool to pass up. The employee who plucked him for us (who I'm pretty sure is a manager...he recognizes us and says hello when we come in) even noticed his awesome lightning bolt pattern. We'll have to think of an appropriate name for him.

Also in the plant tank I saw this friendly ramshorn, so he came along for the ride.

Attachments

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Cichlidnut: Thank you, on both accounts!

Akari: Oddly enough I had that thought too, and when I sent a picture to a friend, she said the same thing! Unfortunately my boyfriend hasn't read the books, so it wouldn't have the same affect on him haha.

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Akari: maybe me, a little bit

Frogbreeder: Thank you! I love nerites too. I have a tracked/red onion/tiger blood (I've seen them referred to by so many names) in the same tank.

Tigress: Haha I should breed him and make a new strain of "Harry Potter nerites" ;D

Tigress Hill

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'll even use my own debit card for this purchase (and yes, someone gave the 13 year old a debit card xD)

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
AP: What kind of fool do you take me for?? Of course not, he's in the 10 gallon with my other nerite. The 2.5 gallon is the ramshorn tank, 5.5 is MTS, and 10 is pond snails and nerites.

LOL I should start a company or something! Unfortunately I have no idea how to breed nerites, as I know they need brackish water for the babies to survive. And I'd have to get another Harry Potter nerite...what if the Harry Potter gene is recessive?

My new big ramshorn (Spot) seems to have found and made friends with my previous big ramshorn (Ramses). I don't know if they're a different type of ramshorn or what, but I've had a couple for quite a few months and they're nowhere NEAR the size of these two. Maybe they'll make me some big snail babies!

Attachments

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Rosieposie21 said:
I want to move to America so I can buy all these cool fish related things you guys have access to!
Aww no nerites in Australia? Sad! And no TSS either. You should move here, just for those reasons

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I don't think they any snails can be imported to AUS. At least, fresh water ones.

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Jeez why would you ever want to live there?? Just kidding of course. I know customs going in to Australia is really strict. But you have that thing called the Great Barrier Reef which is pretty cool...I know Ryan got fresh live rock from the ocean, plucked from the source and in his tank about eight hours later. Pretty neat!

New Threads