Got A Little Surprise Doing Some Late-night Watering On The Patio...

Mongo75

Valued Member
Reaction score
richie.p said:
Do they become friendly to humans,
I wouldn't say friendly, but they get used to us and become less afraid. I've never seen one get agressive unless it was being harassed. Even they they usually run (waddle) away, or...here it comes...play possum, lol.

JenC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well now I feel bad! It sounds like he's having a fun, being friendly, having a blast playing in the garden in the moonlight, and I'm asking if I should evict him.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well I learned about possums today Like John said, we don't have possums here because of the cold winters, but my first thought when I saw the pics was how cute he was! When I visited Alberta, I saw a million prairy dogs, which I don't have at home either, are they similar? I didn't know they were little vicious creatures, kind of funny for his size to be standing off with you hahaha!

Mongo75

Valued Member
Reaction score
angelcraze said:
Well I learned about possums today Like John said, we don't have possums here because of the cold winters, but my first thought when I saw the pics was how cute he was! When I visited Alberta, I saw a million prairy dogs, which I don't have at home either, are they similar? I didn't know they were little vicious creatures, kind of funny for his size to be standing off with you hahaha!
Picture a giant rat. Pointy nose, dozens of very pointy teeth, and a long hairless tail. That's a possum! They really aren't agressive or "vicious" even with all the teeth.

Micro fact. They're the only native marsupial in North America.

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well put some food out for him and **** keep your tick population down win win situation you'll just have to except he's part of your life, we get urban foxes in the UK, no big deal but they are here because we the humans have taken over their habitat so slthoug6they can be nasty people go out of their way to help them

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You have gained a guard Possum....he takes care of creepy crawlies and only asks for the occasional cucumber or tomato as payment....sounds like the perfect arrangement to me

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom