Got a deal!

1. mrsdale Member Member

I went to the LFS today to pick up a male platy that I had my eye on and was looking around and seen a bunch of Endler's in a spare tank. I asked the salesperson how much they were and he stuck a net in the tank scooped up 3 and said "how about 25 cents for them all?" They were using them as feeder fish ..I think I got a great deal on some beautiful fish! Am I right? Are they usually this cheap? ..And to beat it all, the girl is about to give birth any day now.

2. Heather12404 Member Member

I paid $4.95 for each of my endlers - all males. Then I also had to pay for shipping since no one around here has them. You scored big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mrsdale Member Member

I can't seem to ever find Endler's around here either! I'm glad I was right. I wouldn't mind giving away the fry once they were old enough.. Those little guys are so cute!

4. fbn Well Known Member Member

Can you get some pictures? :)

5. mrsdale Member Member

Here a couple of the older female and a young male Endler.. I couldn't tell you how old he was.. He seems to still be developing color because the rims of his fins are lime green and orange and his top fin has fanned out and it solid black ..I can't seem to make them stay still ..I'm sorry about the quality (iPhone pics, so you know how that goes)

Attached Files:

6. Brainlady Well Known Member Member

Oh, I love Endlers, can't think of using them as food.
    You got a deal!!!

7. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

The ones used as feeders are not pure Endlers. They are a guppy hybrid. They are still fun to have ;D good find

8. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

heck hybrid or not great price on some nice looking fish!

9. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

I found a new store yesterday with endlers, thinking about getting a 10g for them. They're so cute! I love your little male.

10. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I pay $2 for 10 here :) They're hybrids, but still mostly Endler lol

11. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

That's a great price! I've lost the ones I got from the store but there's still plenty of them, the parents were $8 each and I've been getting beautiful identical looking male blackbars so endlers are too expensive to be used as feeders here lol.

12. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Pure Endlers don't get used as feeders here. Just the mutts.

13. ilikeendlers Initiate Member

Agreed with Chichlidnut.
    Pure Endlers are endangered so while hybrids are cheap and sometimes colorful, there are some purist who's heart is to keep the species alive and pure.
    Congrats on your find. Enjoy them and may they provoke more interests in Endlers.

14. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I just found that my LFS has them as feeders in with other minnows, prices are something like 10 for a buck or so, but you get whatever the net scoops out, says right on the tank, no picking fish.

15. ilikeendlers Initiate Member

That's sounds about right.
    We rarely have feeder endler/guppies down here at the LFS anymore.
    I think they weren't worth keeping/selling down here anymore.
    Majority of the LFS sell Rosie Reds and goldfish as feeders.

10 for a buck is not too bad.
    I use to see them down here for 25 for a $1 but then you'd be lucky if you got 25 ;)