Gosund Smart Sockets

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Alright guys so this product is for everyone that has their lights, co2 or anything else set up on a timer. I bought these smart sockets on Amazon and set them up on my lights for my 75 gallon and 10 gallon tanks and they are awesome!
8900E991-B522-40FB-BC7A-84359CB26C0E.jpeg

So the basic set up for these is, you download the free app on your smartphone. Once you have the app and create an account, you connect the plug to the outlet you want, turn it on. You’ll go through the steps to connect it to your WiFI and then plug in whatever you want to the smart plug. In my case, my tank lights are plugged into these. The app is super simple and very user friendly. Nothing too crazy to do in order to set a schedule for whatever is plugged in. You can change the names of each plug so you know exactly what device/plug you’re working with. I’ve had these set up on my tank lights for only 2 days but I haven’t had a problem with either the app of the plugs. The light come on and off at the times I have scheduled. Here’s some screenshots from my iPhone.
BE589645-4488-456D-866C-4F910695B9C9.png

54C6AF9C-C6FF-47F2-85B6-4F89A319968A.png

I know that many of us have wanted to turn our tank lights on after the timer has turned off. What do you do? Disconnect the light from the timer or reach your arm behind your tank/stand/desk and try to flip the lights on. Well with this, all you have to do is click the power button on the app and your lights will turn on within 2 seconds. This product is awesome and I definitely recommend it to anyone who uses timers.

The only con I can find with this, is that you can’t plug in 2 if these in an outlet because of the circular shape. There are similar products that are rectangular but I don’t know The reliability of them.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you used one of those octopus looking looking things instead of a power strip you could have 6 of those plugs.

sloughdog

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Great...one more thing to add to my bottomless amazon cart...

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sloughdog said:
Great...one more thing to add to my bottomless amazon cart...
You’re telling me! I’ve got different wishlists for each tank! Lol

sloughdog

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lol great idea!

This socket would also be great for vacation or other extended time away from home. No more leaving the lights off for week or more at a time.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sloughdog said:
Lol great idea!

This socket would also be great for vacation or other extended time away from home. No more leaving the lights off for week or more at a time.
You got that right! No one will know that you’re not home

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was just about to order one a few days ago when you posted but then I saw a cheaper version. They seem to have a bunch of these with different names and prices.

I got 2 today and set them up. The ones I got seems to be well made. Very easy to set up with SmartLife app. I don't know if the app is a different version but mine (android) has both on and off for each entry for scheduling. I have 1 tank on one timer and 4 on another connected to a power strip.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
I was just about to order one a few days ago when you posted but then I saw a cheaper version. They seem to have a bunch of these with different names and prices.

I got 2 today and set them up. The ones I got seems to be well made. Very easy to set up with SmartLife app. I don't know if the app is a different version but mine (android) has both on and off for each entry for scheduling. I have 1 tank on one timer and 4 on another connected to a power strip.
Yea there's a bunch of them out there. I might buy some from another company to test them out and see how they work

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just ordered a smart power strip just now .

I was going to order 3 more of the ones I got but this strip would be more convenient for the 4 tank lights I need to control.

Thanks for helping me spend more money

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
I just ordered a smart power strip just now .

I was going to order 3 more of the ones I got but this strip would be more convenient for the 4 tank lights I need to control.

Thanks for helping me spend more money
Oooooh I might just buy that lol!!

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here's my screen caps
2018-03-02 21.46.07.png

2018-03-02 21.46.27.png

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here's the screen to set the times
2018-03-02 23.08.06.png

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Got the power strip today and it has the same interface as yours (Gosund) in the SmartLife app. Setting up was a PITA, having to set each on and off cycle individually (16 times) but it seems to work fine once set up. Much better now having control of each individual tank light rather than as a group.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
Got the power strip today and it has the same interface as yours (Gosund) in the SmartLife app. Setting up was a PITA, having to set each on and off cycle individually (16 times) but it seems to work fine once set up. Much better now having control of each individual tank light rather than as a group.
Yea I didn’t like that I had to do each on/off setting individually instead of a time frame. I might just have to check out that power strip still lol

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The power strip addressed 3 issues for me.
1) I needed an extra power strip to use the single smart plug so I could plug in all 4 tank lights to turn them all on and off.
2) I'd need to get 1' extensions for each single smart plug if I wanted individual control of each tank. (plugs are too fat to plug next to each other on a power strip)
3) It was a cheaper solution to control 4 tanks individually.

I found out almost immediately that I needed individual control of the lights if I needed to look at a tank while the lights were off. Turning on all 4 tanks to look into 1 was annoying and would bother me long term.

The set up is annoying but a one time deal so not really an issue. Probably a PITA if/when you want to change the schedule though.

Is your power back on? Hope you didn't have any casualties.

OP
DioAquatics

DioAquatics

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
The power strip addressed 3 issues for me.
1) I needed an extra power strip to use the single smart plug so I could plug in all 4 tank lights to turn them all on and off.
2) I'd need to get 1' extensions for each single smart plug if I wanted individual control of each tank. (plugs are too fat to plug next to each other on a power strip)
3) It was a cheaper solution to control 4 tanks individually.

I found out almost immediately that I needed individual control of the lights if I needed to look at a tank while the lights were off. Turning on all 4 tanks to look into 1 was annoying and would bother me long term.

The set up is annoying but a one time deal so not really an issue. Probably a PITA if/when you want to change the schedule though.

Is your power back on? Hope you didn't have any casualties.
Yes my power is back on, came on at 5:30 this morning. I did lose some fish, a could neon tetras and HR but that's it

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry to hear about your loses but glad it wasn't worse.

bgclarke

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My smart sockets didn't react to the time change, and I can't find a way for the SmartLife app to refresh it.

New Threads