Goodbye to my Tank.... :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by belleekgirl, Mar 30, 2010.

1. belleekgirl

belleekgirl Valued Member Member

:'(
    I am very sad... I had to say goodbye to my 40 Gal fish tank this weekend. With everything in life being so crazy, my poor fish were not getting the attention they deserved.

Thankfully the guy who came and bought the tank and fish was so excited to get them. He has kept fish for several years and was overjoyed to get a corner tank to put in his bedroom (wife won't let him have a TV) :). So I felt good about who the tank was going to and know he will give it love.

I wish I could have found a way to keep my tank, but with kids (one learning to crawl), elderly parents and some health issues of my own- I just couldn't. OH well- maybe when the kids are a bit older and things settle down I will find another tank to restore like I did this one and give some fish a good home.

I still have my 3 gal with the shrimps in- so that is a good thing. They are easy to care for and fill in an unused space in our kitchen perfectly.

I hope all of you are doing great and your fish are well. Thanks for all the advice and help.
    Laura

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I'm so sorry you had to give up your tank :( Maybe somewhere down the line you Can get another.
    Carol

3. p

pongo New Member Member

wow! you have a lot going on. I wish you the best with your health and family.

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

sometimes the hardest decisions as GREAT fish keepers, is knowing when we have to do whats best for the fish and not us (its not fun I know ) ....Im also so sorry for your turn of events that makes you have to give up your tank :( good luck with getting things better and I hope you are able to have more in the near future :)

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'm so sorry you had to give up your tank. You have my deepest respects for doing what was best for the fish. I truly hope everything gets better for you and your family soon.

6. b

bubblefish Valued Member Member

You obviously care a lot about your fish to be able to give them up. Someday, when your kids get older and your health is better, a tank could be a nice project for you and your kids to work on together.

7. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

I totally agree. What a selfless act on your part. I know you will miss your fish greatly, but hopefully you will be able to get back in the game when your life calms down a little.

8. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

That's really rough. Sounds like you made a wise desicion. Hopefully in the future you can get back into the hobby.
    I hope things get better for you soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice