Goodbye Stripey

1. nhaiflich Member Member

Never thought I'd cry when a fish died. Yet here I am hiding in the bathroom from my five year old. Crying like a baby because my favorite fish passed. And she was pregnant. Even more of a smack in the face. Hate it when no logical explanation. Just venting because I know you all will understand.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:(
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved fish.

RIP Stripey

3. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

So sorry! But I think it's understandable and not odd at all to be upset; it's NOT *just a fish*!

4. aHumanBeing Well Known Member Member

RIP Stripey

5. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

I am so sorry for your loss. The loss of a pet is a terrible thing, whatever the animal and you have every right to be devastated.

RIP stripey.xxx

6. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

So sorry you lost her :(

7. claireputput Well Known Member Member

:(

8. shayla1 Well Known Member Member

So sorry to hear about the loss of Stripey. No matter what other people think, you have every right to be upset for the loss of Stripey, for the potential babies she would have brought for you to enjoy and for the future you had planned. It is ok to mourn the loss of Stripey.

I am sure your 5 year old will understand that you hurt as well as we do. I do not believe that it hurts to let children know that all lives have value, even that life of the fish in our aquariums.

9. celizabethh3 Member Member

I'm so sorry. :(

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

10. nhaiflich Member Member

Thanks so much everyone. The real only reason I was hiding is if I'm crying... She starts no matter what. Just didn't want to make her cry. Unfortunately, as I'm a big animal person, she has experienced this many times. Just earlier, after i told her, she said "mommy, God is going to have to make rainbow bridge longer so all our pets have room to wait for us!" Thanks again for the kind words

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

11. celizabethh3 Member Member

I'm an animal person and I'm exactly the same! I tried to nurse a toad back to health after my dad accidentally hit him with the weed eater and I was so upset when he died. I almost cried.

*Hugs* though! Your daughter's words are beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum