Goodbye Sprite...

SiGirl85

He died this morning. Now my six guppy boys are reduced to five...

I miss him already...

I only got him last week, one of my first fish in my first aquarium.

I'm pretty sure he had a parasite he got from the store, and I tried my hardest to save him...

But I failed.

My boy died this morning... Just after I thought he was looking like he might be getting better.

I loved him so much even though he was with me for such a short time...

I'll miss you Sprite!

IMG_20200821_180635123~2.jpg

AquaticQueen

So sorry

StarGirl

So sorry Sprite didn't make it.

lucky123

I’m so sorry

ElysiumPlants

He died this morning. Now my six guppy boys are reduced to five...

I miss him already...

I only got him last week, one of my first fish in my first aquarium.

I'm pretty sure he had a parasite he got from the store, and I tried my hardest to save him...

But I failed.

My boy died this morning... Just after I thought he was looking like he might be getting better.

I loved him so much even though he was with me for such a short time...

I'll miss you Sprite!

IMG_20200821_180635123~2.jpg

Sorry to hear it. It’s never fun losing one.

Don’t know what your experience level is, so forgive me if I’m telling you something you already know, but if you’re new to keeping fish:

1) You’ll want to get an API Master Test Kit and read about the Nitrogen cycle in an aquarium.

2) You’ll want to acclimate your fish before adding them. Personally, I prefer drip acclimation, 1-2 hours.

3) I also prefer a heavily planted tank with live plants, for numerous reasons.

4) Avoid overstocking your tank. I intentionally understock mine. The water parameters are easier to maintain, there are less aggression issues, etc.

5) Consider adding dwarf shrimp. They do a great job cleaning up the tank, they come in a dizzying array of colors, you can keep a surprising number of them even in a small tank, and unlike most other inverts (such as crayfish and most crabs), they’re completely peaceful. Just be careful not to pair them with fish that will view them as food. In the case of guppies, you should be fine.

Hope that helps, and sorry about your fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
betta06
  • Trua712
  • Guppy