Goodbye Rocky!

1. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

My little brother's goldfish died today :'( his name was rocky, my brother got him in a ring toss game, and he was very pretty for a Common. He was in a 1/2 gal betta tank (that I bought and maintained :p he was in a tiny little plastic "critter carrier")
    Interestingly, the water levels were all safe! I tested it yesterday for fun and ammo was at 0! (keep in mind thishas no filter, i change the water with RO water)

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I'm very sorry to hear about Rocky. It sounds like he was a very loved goldfish. :'(

3. whatsafish7 Member Member

im also very srry to hear about his goldfish. i have a goldfish i won from the fare also but it is in a ten gallon tank how big was his goldfish and srry again for the chaos

4. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

So am I, very sorry :(

I have read that goldfish, althugh they do not require a heater, are rather delicate fish. They actually need a lot of space and very clean water. I have read that 2 goldfish would require a 30 gallon tank to be happy, and you could not put into that tank any more fish of any kind. I think they suffer in tanks smaller than 30 gallons since these fish are quite large.