Goodbye, My Dear Friends....

ForBettaorForWorse

Over the last few days, I've been having a rough time with fishkeeping. I've lost quite a few of my bettas, and it looks like I might end up losing a lot more of them. Among the fish that died are Ruby and Pearl. These girls were among the first of my sorority, and they were always so happy to see me walk in, and swarm the glass with their friends. I lost Ruby to some kind of weird bloating problem, and Pearl to a mystery illness. Now, it's looking like I'm going to lose my entire sorority, and I'm really sad about it. Those fish were some of my favorites, and it's heartbreaking to think that I might lose them...
SIP Ruby, Pearl, Raine, and Patches.
Please get better Silver, Crystal, Nova, Sapphire, and Platinum Storm...

BradleyH2O

Keep on truckin’....or just keep swimming!

I’m sorry for your losses, but fish don’t last forever, in fact not much does. We’re here for support and hope you continue to keep fish

Sokamix

Over the last few days, I've been having a rough time with fishkeeping. I've lost quite a few of my bettas, and it looks like I might end up losing a lot more of them. Among the fish that died are Ruby and Pearl. These girls were among the first of my sorority, and they were always so happy to see me walk in, and swarm the glass with their friends. I lost Ruby to some kind of weird bloating problem, and Pearl to a mystery illness. Now, it's looking like I'm going to lose my entire sorority, and I'm really sad about it. Those fish were some of my favorites, and it's heartbreaking to think that I might lose them...
SIP Ruby, Pearl, Raine, and Patches.
Please get better Silver, Crystal, Nova, Sapphire, and Platinum Storm...
I’m so sorry

ForBettaorForWorse

Keep on truckin’....or just keep swimming!

I’m sorry for your losses, but fish don’t last forever, in fact not much does. We’re here for support and hope you continue to keep fish
That's definitely what I'm doing. Losing fish is difficult, but even if you only spent a few days loving the, it's better than if they had never been given any love at all.

Sokamix

That's definitely what I'm doing. Losing fish is difficult, but even if you only spent a few days loving the, it's better than if they had never been given any love at all.
Exactly, hope you feel better. Happy you gave them a good loving home!

Lucy

That's really rough. I'm so sorry!

JuDom

:( :( So sorry to hear this.
Hopefully the rest of the sorority recovers.
Chin up and best of luck to you and your girls. <3

ForBettaorForWorse

After a long struggle with everything, I'm sad to say that I lost all of the remaining sorority, and three of my males as well. I just have not been doing well with bettas recently. I lost 11 from thanksgiving until Yesterday...:(

JuDom

After a long struggle with everything, I'm sad to say that I lost all of the remaining sorority, and three of my males as well. I just have not been doing well with bettas recently. I lost 11 from thanksgiving until Yesterday...:(
Oh no! That is indeed a tragedy.
Any clue as to what happened?
I’m so sorry for your losses..I couldn’t imagine losing that many of my babies at once. ;(

ForBettaorForWorse

The girls had a fungal infection, and they died before I could get the medicine...
I have no idea why all the males died. Today it started to look like another make might be dying. It is an everlasting struggle....

JuDom

The girls had a fungal infection, and they died before I could get the medicine...
I have no idea why all the males died. Today it started to look like another make might be dying. It is an everlasting struggle....
Any changes in your source water by chance?

ForBettaorForWorse

No idea whatsoever. I will be completely re-doing one of the tanks that has been having problems (It's a three gallon, so not a huge deal)

JuDom

No idea whatsoever. I will be completely re-doing one of the tanks that has been having problems (It's a three gallon, so not a huge deal)
I sincerely hope you get to the bottom of the problem. And again, I’m so sorry. :(

CHJ

That is terrible. I hope they recover.
I had a plague blow away a whole 60 gal betta project in days. 1 survivor who was left messed up.
I hit that plague hard with everything. It was aggressive and unstoppable. The survivor lived as a ball of slime for a few weeks before recovering.

ForBettaorForWorse

oof, that is horrible. Sounds a lot like what happened here....

CHJ

It wasn't good, I was losing over 2 dozen bettas a day for the first 3 days, then there were only a handful left, all of those died over the next few days except the survivor who we we always expected to find dead the next day but it just didn't die.

ForBettaorForWorse

Wow, that's really bad.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mcurtissdsu
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
junebug