Goodbye, Little Nod.

1. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

My little Otto, Nod, died yesterday. I had never lost a fish and the whole experience was disturbing to me, but I was also surprised to see how much it stressed the other fish. Azul had been chasing the triplets around all over the tank trying to maintain his authority, but since Nod died, he has been going up to the other two everytime they get too quiet and touching them with his mouth just to "nudge" them. The other two Ottos have been very quiet and none of the fish are eating yet. The tank water had been running perfect parameters, but the last couple days I have done 90% changes and still have small amounts of nitrite, and 30 on the nitrate scale.

I will miss him and I am sure the other fish do also.

Rose :'(

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I'm so sorry Rose! Otos are usually wild caught and can be quite challenging to keep alive.

3. dano569 Member Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( sorry to hear that :'(

4. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

poor little guy! :'(

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I'm so sorry you lost one of your babies :'( Sometimes they have a hard time surviving, but they are so worth the effort.
    carol

6. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry Rose :( I can imagine what it feels like :(

7. dahly Member Member

My condolences, Friend.

8. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you all for your kind words. I do appreciate them. There is just something about your first fish loss that seems to hit a bit harder than you expect it to. You are all very great and I could not imagine a greater group to be a mmeber of.

Sincerely from the bottom of my heart,

Rose