1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Jupe Important

1. 2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

So it is with a heavy heart that I say that my beloved goldfish Jupiter lost his fight with fin and body rot this night. He'd been fighting it for the last 2 months and he looked awful but I still had hope. He fought untill the bitter end but the rot had gotten too bad for him. Jupe was 10 years old this spring and has been through every beginner mistake you can think of. He was a tough as nails fish but loved to come to the top for pets and I always got a reaction from him when I came home from work.

I want to thank @Gypsy13 for all the help she's given us, I don't think he would have lasted this long without her.

He's gonna be missed so much and there is a gaping hole both in my heart and in my living room tank. He's gonna be missed by his loach buddies, my cat Whiskey, and myself.

Swim in Peace big guy. You deserve it.
    14832179302757724844.JPG

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Oh, no! That’s terrible :(
    I am very sorry for your loss. That was quite a fight and I followed along those posts for a while to see improvement.

Sorry Nighthawk :(

Advertisement

3. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

I’m so so sorry. One thing I know, you love Jupe. You both gave everything you had. And he managed to hang on with spunk. Not the outcome I wanted but you tried. My heart is with you. :(

4. OP
    OP
    2211Nighthawk

2211Nighthawk Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks guys.

5. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

. Oh, I’m crying! So sorry for your loss. You were a good goldie parent to have him so long.

6. s

sylvie New Member Member

Im so sorry. I also just lost my first and favorite goldfish. People who don't have fish don't rest understand it because 'its just a fish' but they really have unique personalities and the attachment you have to them is real. I'm so sorry for your loss

7. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Valued Member Member

I am so sorry.. I really liked jupe.. he was so pretty...!!:'(

8. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

I’m sorry for your loss as well. It’s heartbreaking to lose a loved one. My babies are never “just” anything. They’re part of my heart. :(