Goodbye Balthier

1. Alessa Well Known Member Member

Hello everyone,

I know I have not been here for a while; life has been most difficult lately for me and I have been extremely busy. Though no, I have not forgotten any of you and still check on the forum every once in a while even if I don't post. For that reason, it is important for me to share this with you all.

My last few threads were about Balthier acting strangely. Ever since the summer he was never the same. I managed to get him to at least eat, and to begin swimming again, but he surely was never the same fishy he was before.

Two days ago he began to shut down, and today I found him in his favorite plant... where he had been for the past 48 hours without moving. I hoped he was just tired all along, but I knew better and could not accept the truth.

I remember today the day when my boyfriend and I got him, he said to him: "You are a very lucky fishy. Mommy is going to give you the best of lives".

I don't know if I gave him the best, but I did always try to. He leaves behind an aquarium with two little otto friends who were his companions, his plants, his cave and his decorations. I will miss you terribly my dear fishy friend. I know aunt Lucy will be glad to know you'll be watching after Prissy in fishy heaven.

RIP my dear Balthier.

-Alessa

2. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Oh no! sorry for your loss alessa :( RIP balthier :(

3. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Sorry for your loss.

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

awwwwwwwww alessa:;group im so sorry for the loss of balthier..I know you adored him...rip handsome man..im sure prissy is keeping you on your fins!!!!!

5. Alessa Well Known Member Member

Thanks Shawnie Harpua and Tony.

The tank does look empty...

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'm so sorry you lost him. RIP Balthier.

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Oh Alessa, I'm so sorry to log on and see this thread. Balthier was a very special and beautiful fish.
    Your mommy and Aunt Lucy will miss you but knowing you're with my Prissy Girl helps, just a little.
    :'( RIP My sweet little boy.

8. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

<hugs>

9. Alessa Well Known Member Member

Thanks everyone. :;group

10. pinkfloydpuffer Fishlore VIP Member

Oh Alessa, I'm so sorry. Balthier was a very special little guy. I hope he says hi to Winter for me.

11. Alessa Well Known Member Member

Thank you Pink. My Balthier will be up there with Winter as well.

12. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Alessa. Sorry to hear that you lost Balthier. RIP!
    Ken

13. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

What a sad story! So sorry about your sweet little fish.:;fg