Good Website For Purchasing Fish? Question

1. Emmylee43 Initiate Member

In search of a good website for fish! Quick arrival and healthy. Good guarantees. I am located in Texas, so shipping distance is a concern of mine. Never ordered fish online, however I'd love to see what I can get.
    Current stock
    - Rosaline(Dennison) Barb
    - Two pearl gouramis
    - One Dwarf Gourami
    - Four German Blue Rams
    55 Gal. 0f68eb83caf18dbb3d57fa00c49440c1.jpg
    Currently have bundles of plants, should arrive on Wednesday or Thursday!

2. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

I'm in TX too. I've ordered two bettas off EBay and I've ordered shrimp and plants from a member here (you need 50 posts to do that - not terribly hard to do though). What are you looking to get?

3. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

I would try Imperial Tropicals. I haven't used them myself, because I am on the west coast, but many have and recommend them highly.
    https://imperialtropicals.com/

4. goplecos Well Known Member Member

https://aquaticarts.com/ has a huge selection. Their shipping super fast, if a little on the pricy side, but they have very few DOAs and great costumer service.

Being an aquarist sucks in remote areas. I live near Denver, so I have 3 LFSes within half an hour of my house. :)

5. Piggy50 Initiate Member

I would try EBay but check the shipping time if there is one. I wouldn't go more than three days out. And when you get them make sure you feed them, you don't know how long ago they were last fed

6. radar Member Member

I've had good luck with eBay and Aquabid both. Frankly I was nervous to begin with ordering online but now it's my only way of getting fish. Much better quality and fish that you don't find locally.

7. Emmylee43 Initiate Member

I'm interested in Tetras for a nice school. Some more rams, and kind of just interested in looking for some exotic Tropical fish I haven't seen before.

8. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Try aquabid.com
    It's like EBay for fish and fish supplies.

9. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Imperial Tropicals. Free shipping on a $45 order last time I looked. They also have nice plants for a fair price but selection is pretty limited. And apparently they won't tell you to go pound sand if the fish arrive dead or dying. Mine have always arrived healthy, and timely.

10. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Im debating about getting my geophagus there because even though I am in California- they do overnight delivery.

11. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Drop them an email. They are very responsive and answered my questions honestly. It's a fairly small operation. I guess he was an expert sword tail breeder back in the day but branched out some years back. I had my last order 40 hours after shipped and larger fish than advertised.