Good To Add Fish? Question

1. Shane Dostie Member Member

Hi I've had an established goldfish tank for a while and I just removed all the gravel. I did several water changes and just treated the water with start zyme to make up for any lost bacteria. Am I good to add my fish back? I don't like them having them in a little 10 gallon tank. APOLOGIES IF THIS UPLOADS MORE THAN ONCE MY APP KEEP GLITCHING OUT. Thanks for any help! 763ab3fb127b8605178b65a52a8f42c4.jpg

2. Kody Grieve Member Member

depends. the bacteria lives in your filter media so if that dried out while you were doing all the maintenance then there's a high chance you killed everything and unfortunately bacteria solution doesn't really do much in terms of re-establishing the bacteria colonies in the filter media. if you kept the filter media wet and in the original tank water then it should be absolutely fine, even if you removed the gravel. but to be on the safe side, monitor the ammonia for a bit to make sure you dont have a build up going on. :)

3. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

what are the parameters? test the water and see if there is 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and under 20ppm nitrates your good to go.

also what kind of goldfish fancy or comon/comet??

4. Shane Dostie Member Member

Thanks everyone for the advise, I kept the filter media wet, I have all fancy goldfish and one common that my sister bought that I'm sort of stuck with now that needs to go in a pond soon. I'm going to add the fish and test the water before I do so.