Good Tables (or Places To Buy Them) For 5 Gallon Tank?

  • Thread starter

all-out-fallout

Valued Member
Messages
131
Reaction score
34
Points
38
Experience
Just started
I was given a five gallon rimless rube just yesterday, and while I’d love to set it up, I’m having one problem—I don’t have a table to put it on. The tables I’ve found online aren’t able to support 50+ pounds, and the ones that can are a little too big for my space. Ideally I’d like something that’s just big enough to hold the 5 gallon (around twelve inches wide/long) that has an open back so I can easily mess with my outlet behind it.
 

penguin02

Well Known Member
Messages
1,459
Reaction score
968
Points
148
Experience
3 years
I've heard IKEA furniture is sturdy enough for aquariums. Unfortunately, most standard tank stands are 200+ dollars, so that's probably your best bet. I have my 10 gallon on a sturdy dresser.
 

tunafax

Well Known Member
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
788
Points
128
I have a 20 gallon long on this garbage: .

In other words, just about anything in ikea will support a 5 gallon given it's not plastic children's furniture. You will be fine with anything sturdy.



Disclaimer: please don't actually take my stupidity as a go-ahead to put 20 gallon on that.
 
  • Thread starter

all-out-fallout

Valued Member
Messages
131
Reaction score
34
Points
38
Experience
Just started
tunafax said:
I have a 20 gallon long on this garbage: .

In other words, just about anything in ikea will support a 5 gallon given it's not plastic children's furniture. You will be fine with anything sturdy.

Disclaimer: please don't actually take my stupidity as a go-ahead to put 20 gallon on that.
Think this one might work?
BRIMNES Nightstand, black - 39x41 cm - IKEA
 

tunafax

Well Known Member
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
788
Points
128
Too short, 5.5 gal is 17 inches long.
Also I think I had that one and my dad broke it using it as a step stool, so I'm not too sure it's good for this.
 
  • Thread starter

all-out-fallout

Valued Member
Messages
131
Reaction score
34
Points
38
Experience
Just started
tunafax said:
Too short, 5.5 gal is 17 inches long.
Also I think I had that one and my dad broke it using it as a step stool, so I'm not too sure it's good for this.
Should’ve specified I had a cube. Also glad I checked—it would’ve really sucked to buy it and break it as soon as it was assembled. I’ll keep looking.
 

tunafax

Well Known Member
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
788
Points
128


 

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Messages
954
Reaction score
405
Points
108
I don' know about dimensions, but if you don't like the poor look, low as and home depot have small metal stands that support like 200 pounds per shelf.
 

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Messages
571
Reaction score
264
Points
93
Experience
2 years
tunafax said:
I have a 20 gallon long on this garbage: .

In other words, just about anything in ikea will support a 5 gallon given it's not plastic children's furniture. You will be fine with anything sturdy.



Disclaimer: please don't actually take my stupidity as a go-ahead to put 20 gallon on that.



You have some guts, I purchased the even larger version and it broke with my tv just on it.
 

tunafax

Well Known Member
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
788
Points
128
dwarfpufferlover said:
You have some guts, I purchased the even larger version and it broke with my tv just on it.
It's not even that bad, you should see my $3 Chinese ebay heaters.
15137.jpg 15138.jpg
 
  • Thread starter

all-out-fallout

Valued Member
Messages
131
Reaction score
34
Points
38
Experience
Just started
fishlover001 said:
I don' know about dimensions, but if you don't like the poor look, low as and home depot have small metal stands that support like 200 pounds per shelf.
I’m fine with the poor look. My only requirements (should’ve mentioned this earlier!) are 1) the stand needs to not be too wide and 2) it needs to be low down so waterchanges aren’t a pain.

The tank is 10 L x 10 W x 12 H inches.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom