Good Tables (or Places To Buy Them) For 5 Gallon Tank?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by all-out-fallout, Apr 15, 2018.

1. a

all-out-fallout Valued Member Member

I was given a five gallon rimless rube just yesterday, and while I’d love to set it up, I’m having one problem—I don’t have a table to put it on. The tables I’ve found online aren’t able to support 50+ pounds, and the ones that can are a little too big for my space. Ideally I’d like something that’s just big enough to hold the 5g (around twelve inches wide/long) that has an open back so I can easily mess with my outlet behind it.​

2. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

I've heard IKEA furniture is sturdy enough for aquariums. Unfortunately, most standard tank stands are 200+ dollars, so that's probably your best bet. I have my 10g on a sturdy dresser.

3. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

I have a 20 gallon long on this garbage:  .

In other words, just about anything in ikea will support a 5 gallon given it's not plastic children's furniture. You will be fine with anything sturdy.

Disclaimer: please don't actually take my stupidity as a go-ahead to put 20 gallon on that.

4. OP
    OP
    a

Think this one might work?
     ​

5. tunafax

Too short, 5.5 gal is 17 inches long.
    Also I think I had that one and my dad broke it using it as a step stool, so I'm not too sure it's good for this.

6. OP
    OP
    a

Should’ve specified I had a cube. Also glad I checked—it would’ve really sucked to buy it and break it as soon as it was assembled. I’ll keep looking.​

7. tunafax

8. GuppyGuy007

GuppyGuy007 Well Known Member Member

I don' know about dimensions, but if you don't like the poor look, low as and home depot have small metal stands that support like 200 pounds per shelf.

9. dwarfpufferlover

dwarfpufferlover Well Known Member Member

You have some guts, I purchased the even larger version and it broke with my tv just on it.

10. tunafax

It's not even that bad, you should see my $3 Chinese ebay heaters.
    15137.jpg 15138.jpg

11. OP
    OP
    a

I’m fine with the poor look. My only requirements (should’ve mentioned this earlier!) are 1) the stand needs to not be too wide and 2) it needs to be low down so waterchanges aren’t a pain.

The tank is 10 L x 10 W x 12 H inches.​

12. GuppyGuy007

GuppyGuy007 Well Known Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice