Good site to buy plants Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by el337, Jul 22, 2015.

1. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

The LFS or petsmart/petco don't seem to have the plants I want or they don't look too great. Where could I buy plants that are decently priced and are shipped in good condition? Thanks!

2. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I've bought the majority of my plants from:  

He's also a fellow member and sponsor of this forum.

I've also bought several plants on Aquabid

3. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

I've bought a lot from these places.

4. OP
    OP
    el337

Great! Thanks so much for the quick response!

5. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

You can also try Craigslist, there's always one or two guys trying to sell their trimmings for a good price. I got about 10 stems or so for $20 from one guy and about 30 for $30 from another guy. The plants are growing great using liquid ferts, just had to remove some hitchhiking snails...

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. f2002

f2002 Valued Member Member

I've purchased some decent plants from an ebay seller called Extraplant. His prices are not anything special, but what I do like is that fact that I've never gotten any snails from his plants. Also he lives like 2 cities away so I always get my shipment super fast.

You might want to check ebay yourself and see if you can find a good seller with great feedback who lives fairly close to you.

7. OP
    OP
    el337

All great resources! And so many to choose from! Will make shopping for plants just as much fun as shopping for fish!

8. M

MichaelM Valued Member Member

Id also reccomend peabodysparadise

Sent from my SM-N910V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. J

Jockamo New Member Member

Near Lancaster in PA is a store called That Fish Place. I don't know much about plants but they seem to have a large variety. They have a website if your too far away. Might be worth a try. It's about a hour drive for me but worth it.

The coral selection to give an idea of the size of this store.
    IMG_20150721_122618.jpg

10. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

Along with peabodysparadise.com being a great site, jetajockey is also a member here on fishlore and a forum sponsor. He is knowledgeable and has good stuff and good service.

Also, there are quite a few people here on the forums that sell plants such as myself. Check out my sales thread....

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/buy-sell-trade-free/185696-aquarium-plants-sale-easy-low-light.html

11. OP
    OP
    el337

Thank you. That's a bit far off from me but I'll check their site as well.

12. OP
    OP
    el337

What's a fairly easy plant that's already about medium height that I can plant in the substrate? Something with broad leaves. I have a water wisteria and anubia frazeli that I just put in but they are small and slow-growing. Looking for something a little taller for some of my more shyer fish to hide in.

13. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

Amazon swords.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

14. Dom90

Ceratophyllum, commonly known as hornworts

15. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

I have bought some plants from liveaquaria as well as those pest free topfin plants from petsmart

16. Dom90

Those top fin plants are expensive though! Almost costs as much as one fish per plant... which I find ridiculous, $6 for one water wisteria, thanks for the offer but I'll pass...

17. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

Usually it's not just one. Mine had 4 water wisteria that are now like 20 haha they grow like weeds

18. Dom90

Haha, I think I remember seeing 2 water wisterias for $6 when I did buy them in the past... but I'd rather just buy them off Craigslist, 1 stem per dollar, and cleaning out the pest snails myself, saves money, especially when you got big tanks or multiple tanks. :)

19. OP
    OP
    el337

But don't you also have to pay for shipping for most of these places?

20. Dom90

Not for Craigslist sellers, you just pay gas money (bad joke haha).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice