Question Good site to buy plants

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The LFS or petsmart/petco don't seem to have the plants I want or they don't look too great. Where could I buy plants that are decently priced and are shipped in good condition? Thanks!

AmazonPassion

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've bought the majority of my plants from:

He's also a fellow member and sponsor of this forum.

I've also bought several plants on Aquabid

OP
el337

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Great! Thanks so much for the quick response!

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You can also try Craigslist, there's always one or two guys trying to sell their trimmings for a good price. I got about 10 stems or so for $20 from one guy and about 30 for $30 from another guy. The plants are growing great using liquid ferts, just had to remove some hitchhiking snails...

f2002

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've purchased some decent plants from an ebay seller called . His prices are not anything special, but what I do like is that fact that I've never gotten any snails from his plants. Also he lives like 2 cities away so I always get my shipment super fast.

You might want to check ebay yourself and see if you can find a good seller with great feedback who lives fairly close to you.

OP
el337

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
All great resources! And so many to choose from! Will make shopping for plants just as much fun as shopping for fish!

MichaelM

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Id also reccomend peabodysparadise

Sent from my SM-N910V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Jockamo

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Near Lancaster in PA is a store called That Fish Place. I don't know much about plants but they seem to have a large variety. They have a website if your too far away. Might be worth a try. It's about a hour drive for me but worth it.

The coral selection to give an idea of the size of this store.
IMG_20150721_122618.jpg

Dolfan

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
el337 said:
The LFS or petsmart/petco don't seem to have the plants I want or they don't look too great. Where could I buy plants that are decently priced and are shipped in good condition? Thanks!
Along with Peabodys paradise being a great site, jetajockey is also a member here on fishlore and a forum sponsor. He is knowledgeable and has good stuff and good service.

Also, there are quite a few people here on the forums that sell plants such as myself. Check out my sales thread....

https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/aquarium-plants-for-sale-easy-low-light.185696/

OP
el337

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Jockamo said:
Near Lancaster in PA is a store called That Fish Place. I don't know much about plants but they seem to have a large variety. They have a website if your too far away. Might be worth a try. It's about a hour drive for me but worth it.

The coral selection to give an idea of the size of this store.
IMG_20150721_122618.jpg
Thank you. That's a bit far off from me but I'll check their site as well.

OP
el337

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
What's a fairly easy plant that's already about medium height that I can plant in the substrate? Something with broad leaves. I have a water wisteria and anubia frazelI that I just put in but they are small and slow-growing. Looking for something a little taller for some of my more shyer fish to hide in.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
el337 said:
What's a fairly easy plant that's already about medium height that I can plant in the substrate? Something with broad leaves. I have a water wisteria and anubia frazelI that I just put in but they are small and slow-growing. Looking for something a little taller for some of my more shyer fish to hide in.
Ceratophyllum, commonly known as hornworts

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Those top fin plants are expensive though! Almost costs as much as one fish per plant... which I find ridiculous, $6 for one water wisteria, thanks for the offer but I'll pass...

Jswin

Well Known
Reaction score
Usually it's not just one. Mine had 4 water wisteria that are now like 20 haha they grow like weeds

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Haha, I think I remember seeing 2 water wisterias for $6 when I did buy them in the past... but I'd rather just buy them off Craigslist, 1 stem per dollar, and cleaning out the pest snails myself, saves money, especially when you got big tanks or multiple tanks.

OP
el337

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
But don't you also have to pay for shipping for most of these places?

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
el337 said:
But don't you also have to pay for shipping for most of these places?
Not for Craigslist sellers, you just pay gas money (bad joke haha).

New Threads