Good Shrimp Link-

1. FishFan Member Member

2. fletch Member Member

are shrimps ok with dwarf frogs? I heard that the bite the frogs legs off

3. FishFan Member Member

Oh no. Ghost Shrimp are small. I have African frogs and my Ghost Shrimp together and so far, no problems! (and if they get too naughty, I could have a feast! Shrimp & frog legs!) j/k of course.

4. fletch Member Member

Oh good. are all shrimps ok with little frogs? What do you feed them and are they difficult to look after? are they even interesting tank mates to have?

5. FishFan Member Member

I have 3 Ghost Shrimp left (one became snail food shortly after I added it & it died) and 2 African frogs (that can get Silver Dollar size) and they are very interesting to watch! I know they sell frog food, but I read up on them and they eat the leftover food that falls to the bottom. (I feed flake food & granules in the morning and Brine shrimp, a pinch of flake & a pinch of granules in the evening).

6. fletch Member Member

Oh. good. i was worried about my little frog. I only see him eat when i feed them frozen blood worm once a week. so he isnt starving then?

7. FishFan Member Member

If he's not dead...he's not starving ;) Also-I only see mine come out later at night...after I turn 1/2 the lights out.

8. fletch Member Member

Oh thaqts good news. so they are nocturnal then? are they ok with newts or will the newts eat little frogs?

9. FishFan Member Member

Now this, I do not know. Sorry.

10. inari Well Known Member Member

i believe so that newts will eat small frogs maybe even ur fish but i'm not positive...

11. inari Well Known Member Member

and thanx for the link it is an awesome link very imformative especially for those of us with bamboo shrimp :D

12. Joep606 Initiate Member

Got 5 ghost shrimp today ;D

I love em, just hopefully my fish will leave them alone...

13. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Excellent! They are so much fun to watch! Depending on what you got in your tank, your shrimp will do great, or be a great lunch! Let us know how they do! ;)

14. inari Well Known Member Member

yep a great lunch atleast u don't have to worry about them all being eaten at once.....

15. Eskielvr Member Member

That site doesn't tell me the behavior characteristics of the Cherry Red Shrimp, and Bumble Bee Shrimp. I rarely see my Bumble Bee shrimp. They must hide a lot in my driftwood and only come out at night. I see the one Cherry Red a lot more often, and the other Cherry Red usually at night. I'm wondering if they're nocturnal by nature? And are the Bumble Bee more timid?