Good Schooling Fish For 10 gallon Tank? Question 

milankosaurus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi all, would it be possible to have two schooling fish in 10 gallon? For example 5 ember tetras and 5 neon tetras? Any 1 inch or less size schooling fish that is.

Letsfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don`t think you will not have any problems doing that,just add some plants and do weekly water changes.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
milankosaurus said:
Hi all, would it be possible to have two schooling fish in 10 gallon? For example 5 ember tetras and 5 neon tetras? Any 1 inch or less size schooling fish that is.
I think it would be to much. I woud stick with nano schoolers like the embers. The neons would appreciate a longer tank like a 20 or 29 (or larger)

Algonquin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
kallililly1973 said:
I think it would be to much. I woud stick with nano schoolers like the embers. The neons would appreciate a longer tank like a 20 or 29 (or larger)
I agree with this. I think you would also find that the neons would be kind of boring to watch in that tank... in a 10 gallon, they would mostly just 'hang out' and not swim around a whole lot, given the lack of space. Maybe stick with the embers, and add some cherry shrimp. They're always busy

Letsfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 10 gallon quarantine tank that I keep up and running all the time.I have on occasions have had as many as 20 small fish in it for about a month before transferring them to other tanks.In my case I don`t have any live plants in there but I do have a few plastic ones and no sand or gravel.I just vacuum the bottom while doing a weekly 50% water change

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads