Good quiet air pump? Question

1. cameronpalte Member Member

Hey guys, I have a 55 gallon airtank, and I'm interested on getting an airstone for my fish. How much does it cost and do you have a nice quiet recommended one, as I'm planning on using it in my room. Thanks.

2. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Tetra makes a really good air pump (one that I use). It has controllable air flow and does a good job, quietly. The really good model for deep water will run you $50.00 while the cheaper model is only about $25.00. Don't go out and get a really cheap one and say they are all the same, because they are not. I bought a $19.99 Petco pump and the thing barely works.

I hope your fish are doing better.

Wendy

3. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I really like the tetra whisper series pumps, they are nice and quiet and easy to rebuild.

4. cameronpalte Member Member

There still dying, but I'm working on after the deaths stop I am working on making sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks you guys for all the advice, I will look for these.

5. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

How about the JW Fusion air pumps. I think there quieter than the tetra one.

6. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Eheim - I love mine. quiet, variable/adjustable flow. But you'll pay for it, they're not the cheapest (nothing in the Eheim range is cheap)

7. SJ408 Initiate Member

I think that Whispers are a hit and miss. I have 2. One is much quieter than the other, and the other one is very annoying. haha

8. Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

I hear Tetra's Whisper pumps tend to start rattling after a few months.