Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Good quiet air pump? Question

1. c

cameronpalte Valued Member Member

Hey guys, I have a 55 gallon airtank, and I'm interested on getting an airstone for my fish. How much does it cost and do you have a nice quiet recommended one, as I'm planning on using it in my room. Thanks.

2. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Tetra makes a really good air pump (one that I use). It has controllable air flow and does a good job, quietly. The really good model for deep water will run you $50.00 while the cheaper model is only about $25.00. Don't go out and get a really cheap one and say they are all the same, because they are not. I bought a $19.99 Petco pump and the thing barely works.

I hope your fish are doing better.

Wendy

3. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I really like the tetra whisper series pumps, they are nice and quiet and easy to rebuild.

4. OP
    OP
    c

cameronpalte Valued Member Member

There still dying, but I'm working on after the deaths stop I am working on making sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks you guys for all the advice, I will look for these.

5. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

How about the JW Fusion air pumps. I think there quieter than the tetra one.

6. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Eheim - I love mine. quiet, variable/adjustable flow. But you'll pay for it, they're not the cheapest (nothing in the Eheim range is cheap)

7. S

SJ408 New Member Member

I think that Whispers are a hit and miss. I have 2. One is much quieter than the other, and the other one is very annoying. haha

8. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

I hear Tetra's Whisper pumps tend to start rattling after a few months.

Advertising