Good porous rocks/decorations?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by cajunfiberco, Apr 6, 2010.

1. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

What are good items to have for my friendly bacteria? I know of lava rock, terra cotta pots... what else is good to have?

2. Jake the Fish

Jake the Fish Valued Member Member

Texas holey rocks are very porous and look good. I have one that I am using to cycle a tank because I had it in another tank. Limestone looks good also. But make sure you can get some small parts of it seeing as your tanks are quite small.

3. OP
    OP
    cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

can you link me to texas holey rocks? are those the rocks that are striped white and tannish-red?

4. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

it's the 3rd picture down. but if you just google "texas holey rock pics" you'll get a bunch of hits.

5. allibobs

allibobs Well Known Member Member

I have Texas holey rock in my biggest tank not only looks great the fish LOVE to play in it

6. Jake the Fish

Jake the Fish Valued Member Member

My plecos love my THR even though they prefer driftwood. They were sad when I took it out to help cycle my other tank. There are also some websites that sell THR's.

Heres a link to one:

The section you are looking at is the small rocks section.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice