Good plants for a low light setup?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by davidsmyname, Nov 29, 2012.

1. d

davidsmyname New Member Member

I going to a 30 gallon aquarium with live plants. I was wondering good plants for low light setup, and one that wont make the tank look cluttered. Thanks!

2. Siggi

Siggi Well Known Member Member

:sign0016:
    to fishlore. Hope you enjoy many visits to share information and experiences on fish!!

Get a corkscrew vallisneria in the back and dwark sag in front.
    Most stemplants are too light demanding for low-light setups and swordplants do 'clutter' the setup - I only recomend swords in very large tanks...

Will you be using driftwood or roots in your tank? Then Anubias species are good; also consider java fern. Both should be attached to wood or rocks, not planted in the substrate.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  3. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    d

yea,well i hope to be using driftwood if i can my hands on some i couldnt find it at my lfs.butmi looked for 5 mins than had to leave otherwise i can order so all in all, yes.:;tmi on my part sorry.

5. J

JoannaB Well Known Member Member

Java moss is great if you do want the tank to look cluttered - it is wonderful at cluttering up a low light tank. :)

You could try a banana plant. I love mine, and it does not look cluttered, especially not if you do a bit of pruning and occasionally snip off a leaf that tries to reach the surface.

6. OP
    OP
    d

know that i thought about it would be kinda pointless to not have it cluttered well thats the wrong word i guess just it doesnt look like i havent touched for weeks and i do plan on prunning and all that and thanks for all of the ideas thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice