Good or bad- exchanged my tinfoil

Discussion in 'Tinfoil Barb' started by grfresconero, Jan 3, 2013.

1. grfresconero

grfresconeroValued MemberMember

TODAY i went to my LFS and exchanged my 5 inch tinfoil for two rainbow`s one crimson ( call him pirate) and one boesman`s ( boss) maybe (the boss?). I put them in the 30g tank with the arrowana.Ihope the will surrvive.
    Oh yes the tinfoil was constantlly fighting for the food. ???

2. cichlidman

cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

I don't want to lecture you about tank size but geez a arrowanna in a 30g?

3. OP
    OP
    grfresconero

Yeah you are right but at the moment that`s all i got . Tank`s are very expensive here,wish i was living there comparing your prices.On anything....

4. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

So then rehome the arro, there is literally no excuse for that. At all. Unless you plan on throwing a 200 gal tank out there any time soon. You shouldn't have gotten more fish either, just return the tinfoil and leave it at that. Rainbows need schools of 6+.

5. llfish

llfishWell Known MemberMember

Yah an arro gets 3 and a half feet....got to be kidding me a 30g?

6. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

It doesn't really matter about it looking good, if the fish are cramped you need to return them. Unless you can get a bigger tank for the arro and a school for the rainbows you should restock the whole thing, probably with some tetras, danios, livebearers, shrimp, snails ect.

7. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

I do... That's a ridiculous size tank for an arowana, you need to get a larger tank or get rid of that arowana

8. OP
    OP
    grfresconero

Thank`s for all the info.Will go soon to a new place in the summer and upgrade there .Just got back from work. So 200g is ok or just the minimum?

9. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

200 gallons would be a minimum.

I agree, there's no reason to get more fish when you're already cramped for space, plus you got two schooling fish, and two different types! If you don't want to return the aro (which would be optimal) then I would definitely return the rainbows.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice