Good Online Stores

lavish

Reaction score
Hi.
Does anyone know any good online stores that sells different type of bettas and are trusty? All the pet stores and wallmart etc have really boring looking fish. They only have blue and red and veil tails. Btw, are there any sites that sell abnormally big ones? haha. btw is it bad to keep a mirror in front of the tank, or will the fighting fish die faster cuz of stress?

ThankS!

OP
L

lavish

Reaction score
wow theyre cheaper than the online stores yea... btw, how bout keeping the mirror in the tank all the time, is that bad?

OP
L

lavish

Reaction score
what do u think of this?

is that good?

cherryrose

Well Known
Reaction score
Welcome to the betta forum, Lavish.

Bettas need to have a tank that holds at least 2.5 gallons of water. A five gallon tank is recommended. The tank needs to be heated to a temp of about 80-82 degrees F. It also needs to be filtered. No matter how pretty the small containers are they are simply not big enough for a healthy Betta. I hope this information is helpful.

CherryRose

lolagurl

Reaction score
yea I must admit for even the small containers for bettas that's the smallest. I thought you were looking for a betta. I would at least get a 1 gallon tank though, at the least :-[...did u see the bettas I showed u what did u think of them

OP
L

lavish

Reaction score
hey I found this site

wuts those fighters for 40 bucks? are those really really good fighters, like big ones? cuz thatd be kick ass

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
This forum does not condone using Bettas for fighting. It's cruel!  >
That awful little cup you mentioned is not a suitable home for any fish. Bettas need about 5+ gallons of space with heater and filter and should NEVER be used for fighting. 
You should never keep a mirror in front of the tank. It stresses them out so bad eventually they die.

nmwierman1977

Well Known
Reaction score
MiamI aquariums is a very reputable online store to buy from. However, if you intend on getting them to fight and not as a nice pet to have and care for please don't get one. They don't deserve to be treated that way. It's very inhumane. Natalie

OP
L

lavish

Reaction score
oh. I never said I was gonna use it for fighting. but on that site, it had that 5 star fighter for 50 bucks. wuts those fighters?

nmwierman1977

Well Known
Reaction score
I think the fighter's are the cambodian ones. They are the most aggressive ones. That's is why they are called the "5 star fighter's"I'm glad that you are not using them to fight. Do you have a tank yet? If you don't you will need toget all that stuff and then get your Betta after the tank has been cycled. Did you read the Cycle area in this forum?

https://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm

If you have any other questions regarding everything you need for your Betta let us know.
Natalie

OP
L

lavish

Reaction score
whoa 5 star fighters. those are the ones with the bigger body but less fins yea. my frend has one and his fish could kill other fish haha and it doesn't get any sicknesses and stuff and had it for a long time. they kinda look like females

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The "fighters" that are sold by MiamI Aquariums are not meant to be sold as fighting fish. That is just the name of the type of betta fish that they are imported as. They are used as fighting fish in parts of the world but these wonderful people do not sell them to be fighters.

What some ignorant people do with them after they buy them from vendors anywhere is not the best sometimes but if I find someone who is scoping for fighting fish, I will notify this vendor not to sell to them.

Rose

lolagurl

Reaction score
I think he said just before the alst two posts he wasn't going to make them fight. I think he just want a really good fish. I am more worried about his friend who says his fish can kill any other fish. How would he know that..... ???

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lolagurl,

I don't know if you read his other post before it got deleted. He was defending the people who use them to fight. I think he was getting into it and was going to use them to.

lolagurl

Reaction score
oh whoops..really.. why would somebody comeon here to a pet fish forum that tells you all about taking care of your fish..and say that?

New Threads