Good news!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by click, Nov 30, 2009.

1. clickWell Known MemberMember

I am so happy I don't know where to start. Not sure how many of you remember that about a week ago I was crying over my 2 lost crystal red shrimps . I thought I poisoned them with copper or that my pearl gouramis ate them.

Well after more than a week of absence, one of them appeared at dinner time. He was HUGE. I was so happy. Then I looked where he's goign and he went towards a crack in my driftwood and there I could see 2 huge antenae moving from the crack (shrimp #2). The crack is facing the back of my tank, no way to get a clear view of what's happening inside. But they are both alive. I have no clue why they've been hidding for the past week (mind you, I watch my fish a lot, I didn't see a trace of them for a whole week). Not sure what they ate since I haven't been dropping the shrimp food thinking they were gone. I assume they survived on the alegae or leftovers.

I feel so much better knowing they're ok. And for sure the gouramis won't eat them now, they are too big.

I thought I share this wonderful news. :;wv

2. ShadowbeamValued MemberMember

:O Oh I'm so happy for you!!! *huge hugs* that such fantastic news! :D
    That must be such a relief, great stuff ^^

3. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Yeah!!!!!!! Glad to hear everything is ok Click! I know you have to be relieved.
    Best wishes!
    Ken

4. MelissawaterValued MemberMember

That's great!! :;gift

5. peacemaker92

peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

That's such great news! They must've gathered some leftovers and hid it in the driftwood, thinking probably it was hibernation for them. ;D

6. Tigerlily

TigerlilyWell Known MemberMember

Great News! I've been hoping they'd show up. Silly critters...

7. charzar-g

charzar-gWell Known MemberMember

aha thats awsome news :)

maybe they've got a whole army of babies in that driftwood?! :D

8. iloveengl

iloveenglWell Known MemberMember

I'm so happy for you, Click! I remember you were so upset! I'm glad everything turned out okay. :;hug2

9. OP
    OP
    c

clickWell Known MemberMember

I honestly don't know. They won't come out. I can see them come out to the edge to eat then they retreat back in the crack. I can tell by their head that they are huge now. What are the odds that one is male and one female? And they've been hidding for over 2 weeks now. My water parameters are perfect, my fish all minding their own business, the gouramis were actually scared by them at the begining. It's a mistery to me I have no clue what they're doing inside.

In any case, I'm just happy they're alive and that I can see their antenaes every now and then. At least I have my conscience clear that I didn't kill them. The tank is their own, they can do as they please :)
    Maybe they have a plasma installed there and they're watching TV all the time ;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice