Good news!

1. click Well Known Member Member

I am so happy I don't know where to start. Not sure how many of you remember that about a week ago I was crying over my 2 lost crystal red shrimps . I thought I poisoned them with copper or that my pearl gouramis ate them.

Well after more than a week of absence, one of them appeared at dinner time. He was HUGE. I was so happy. Then I looked where he's goign and he went towards a crack in my driftwood and there I could see 2 huge antenae moving from the crack (shrimp #2). The crack is facing the back of my tank, no way to get a clear view of what's happening inside. But they are both alive. I have no clue why they've been hidding for the past week (mind you, I watch my fish a lot, I didn't see a trace of them for a whole week). Not sure what they ate since I haven't been dropping the shrimp food thinking they were gone. I assume they survived on the alegae or leftovers.

I feel so much better knowing they're ok. And for sure the gouramis won't eat them now, they are too big.

I thought I share this wonderful news. :;wv

2. Shadowbeam Member Member

:O Oh I'm so happy for you!!! *huge hugs* that such fantastic news! :D
    That must be such a relief, great stuff ^^

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah!!!!!!! Glad to hear everything is ok Click! I know you have to be relieved.
    Best wishes!
    Ken

4. Melissawater Member Member

That's great!! :;gift

5. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

That's such great news! They must've gathered some leftovers and hid it in the driftwood, thinking probably it was hibernation for them. ;D

6. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Great News! I've been hoping they'd show up. Silly critters...

7. charzar-g Well Known Member Member

aha thats awsome news :)

maybe they've got a whole army of babies in that driftwood?! :D

8. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

I'm so happy for you, Click! I remember you were so upset! I'm glad everything turned out okay. :;hug2

9. click Well Known Member Member

I honestly don't know. They won't come out. I can see them come out to the edge to eat then they retreat back in the crack. I can tell by their head that they are huge now. What are the odds that one is male and one female? And they've been hidding for over 2 weeks now. My water parameters are perfect, my fish all minding their own business, the gouramis were actually scared by them at the begining. It's a mistery to me I have no clue what they're doing inside.

In any case, I'm just happy they're alive and that I can see their antenaes every now and then. At least I have my conscience clear that I didn't kill them. The tank is their own, they can do as they please :)
    Maybe they have a plasma installed there and they're watching TV all the time ;D