Good News

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by ToxicE, Dec 21, 2012.

1. ToxicE

ToxicE New Member Member

Good news, guys! Thanks to your help, my betta is on his way to recovering. Not only does it seem like he has/is getting his slime coat back, and the hole in his fin is closing up, but his colors are brighter, and he seems to be getting better coloring to. The only thing I'm concerned about is that he seems to be eating less. Also he likes to wedge himself between his rocks at the bottom on the tank. He has done this before, the first time he did it, it scared me to death, but is this normal for bettas to do?

2. shellieca

shellieca Valued Member Member

Great that he's doing well. Be VERY careful with the rocks, I had one get trapped because the rocks he was wedging himself into callapsed pinning him to the bottom of the tank, if I hadn't had an odd feeling to check on him he might not've survived.

3. OP
    OP
    ToxicE

ToxicE New Member Member

He always is able to get himself out, so I haven't really worried to much, but I still worry.

4. shellieca

Personally I would make sure he couldn't do it anymore, which is what I did with mine until he was moved to a different tank. I didn't want to take the chance of him getting pinned when I was home.

5. OP
    OP
    ToxicE

ToxicE New Member Member

How would you make sure that he couldn't do it anymore? Would you have to get new rocks/or gravel, or could you just place the rocks in differently?

6. shellieca

I made sure that the rocks were laying as flat as possible & not overlapping. Bettas can & will try to go through holes that may or may not be big enough for them to fit through. Now I have gravel in my tanks & I only use the larger rocks in a QT tank & I spread them out so there's no chance a silly Betta will try to get under them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice