Good news, bad news, good news, bad news

1. Stephinpdx Initiate Member

Well these aquariums are keeping me on my toes! I've got 4 guppies, 5 platies, and 2 red cherry shrimp in a 10 gallon tank. They are moving to a 30 gallon but that's taking longer than I hoped since the water is still so cloudy! I rinsed the gravel but maybe not enough and I have so many questions.
    1. Should I just wait for the water to clear or do a water change?
    2. Do you think my platy is pregnant?
    3. Yesterday I thought I saw a tiny snail but then thought I had imagined it. Today I clearly saw 3 snails. What? How? And what should I do?
    4. What do you think of those gravel cleaners that connect to the faucet? The 10-gallon was very easy to do water changes on but I'm overwhelmed with the 30. Worth the expense? Brand rec?
    Thanks!![​IMG][​IMG]

2. qchris87 Well Known Member Member

What are your water parameters in the 30? is it still cycling? What kind of gravel?

Looks like you got some pond snails. Sometimes they blend in with the substrate and won't even know you have them for some time. Best thing would be manual removal unless you don't mind them. To keep the population small, make sure not to overfeed your fish.

3. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I have a 20 and a 30 gallon tank. For my birthday my husband bought me the python water change system . It works just like the video shows and is amazing. I couldn't believe how much stuff came out from the bottom of the gravel. He bought mine from Amazon. If you google python water change system and go on the python website, watch the video . No buckets and jugs of water and an unbelievable time and labor saver . My advice GET ONE> Alison:;hi2

4. Kwig Well Known Member Member

I LOVE my Python water changer. I loathe the Aqueon brand one. More expensive, cheaper quality.

Platy doesn't look especially gravid to me but then it's only a matter of time, haha.