Good morning momma blue velvet

barbiespoodle

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
She's a beauty for sure. I've recently started a blue tank since my red tank has done so well.

May I suggest that you start posting on the cherry shrimp forum? It says cherry shrimp, which makes you think red, but it's really for all the neo's.

Also, are those roots behind her from an emersed plant or a floating plant? I ask because I keep emersed roots from several plants in my now 2 shrimp tanks. I find the shrimp like to graze on the roots, the roots help balance the water prams and I just plain like the look of the plants above the tank or in the case of the pothos, wrapping around the tank like a picture frame.

OP
SanDiegoRedneck

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
barbiespoodle said:
She's a beauty for sure. I've recently started a blue tank since my red tank has done so well.

May I suggest that you start posting on the cherry shrimp forum? It says cherry shrimp, which makes you think red, but it's really for all the neo's.

Also, are those roots behind her from an emersed plant or a floating plant? I ask because I keep emersed roots from several plants in my now 2 shrimp tanks. I find the shrimp like to graze on the roots, the roots help balance the water prams and I just plain like the look of the plants above the tank or in the case of the pothos, wrapping around the tank like a picture frame.
Yes, she is sitting on an Amazon sword leaf in a jungle of dwarf water lettuce roots.

barbiespoodle

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would love to try water lettuce, I love the look of the roots in your tank. Thing is I'm not sure I can lower the water level enough to fully enjoy the look of them, I would like to be able to see the plants as well as the roots, I have cats, I have to keep a hood on my tanks:D

New Threads