Good Morning All

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by saofish, Apr 12, 2017.

1. saofish

saofishNew MemberMember

.... i've been saofish everywhere on the net and it has never seemed like a silly name until i went and joined a fish forum? mostly i just go by "sao" tho xD;;

i'm just getting (re)started in fishkeeping (i had a 10g with platies many years back and. did not do a great job with them) and i'm very over-excited and nervous about it!!!

still getting my tank set up (i'm planning on a betta this time) and honestly thank god i'm doing a fishless cycle this time because i keep. finding more things. i want to do!!! whoops. it's much more fun finding out how to set it up so specifically for the fish i want!!
    i don't even have the 10g finished yet and i'm already planning on a future 20-30g for cories and maybe a top-level school???? which i don't even currently have space for. end me now.

anyway, that's my quick intro ramble! nice to meet all of you!

2. Lchi87

Lchi87ModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to Fishlore! Good for you for taking the steps to properly set up a tank and stock appropriately; you're saving yourself a LOT of future headaches. :)

3. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsyFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to Fishlore Sao! I started with a betta too, and now have 3 tanks running, a qt tank running and a 40 gallon waiting to start building! It's a disease called MTS (multiple tank syndrome) and there is no cure, and the only treatment is building fish tanks!

4. OP
    OP
    saofish

saofishNew MemberMember

thank you!!!
    yeah it was quite a disheartening experience to lose all those fish last time so i'm trying to learn as much as i can this time around!!

oohhhh my gosh, yes, i'm probably doomed @_@
    honestly that's not such a bad thing once i have more space to put the dang things tho!

5. FishL:))

FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

Hello, Saofish!!
    Welcome to FishLore!! If you have any questions in the future about your Betta,I would love to help you out! :)

6. TaDah

TaDahValued MemberMember

WEEEEEELCOMMMME!!!!
    I basically accidentally killed all my fish back in Nov (added fish from a smaller tank with old tank syndrome to my newer 55g and they all got super sick and started dying) so Im also starting my tank all over. New filter media in my canister and new water, took out the gravel and added black sand and what have you. I just got my new lamp last night and Im going to go buy a couple plants today :) Im waiting to add fish for about another 4 or so weeks just to make sure my water is all cycled and the plants do well :)

Everyone here is super awesome and SOOOO SO SO helpful. I wish you the best in your tank endeavor and that you do better with their care :)

7. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Welcome to fishlore!

8. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to Fishlore! Yes Multiple Tank Syndrome is a real problem for sure. I just set up my first "big" tank today. A 29 gallon, that I have added to my 10gallon and 5 gallon tanks. The 10g is going to be my Betta's new home and the 5g is probably going in the trash because I hate the stupid one I got. Gonna just get another 10g for a QT tank this weekend lol

9. OP
    OP
    saofish

saofishNew MemberMember

oh nooooo!!! i'm so sorry, that sounds super-stressful!
    your new setup sounds lovely tho!!!
    aahhhhhh yes i'm about right there with you at the "planted but waiting for cycle", we shall suffer together xD;
    thank you for the welcome + well wishes!!! <3

awww thank you so much!!

aahhh ty!!
    also aaaaaahhhhhh that's so exciting!! just set up!
    i've never had anything over a 10 so it's nice to be able to live vicariously through everyone on here ^^;;
    maybe one day i will have space for a proper tank setup like that owo;;

10. Alhana

AlhanaValued MemberMember

Welcome to the forum!!!

You are right it is very addicting and the more you learn the more tanks you end up wanting to acquire!! I'm sure you will have a very happy betta when you are done, please post pictures too!

11. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore! Congrats on the tank plans! :D

12. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I just added the fish into the tank if you want to come look at my build post.

13. TaDah

TaDahValued MemberMember

hopefully we dont have to suffer too long! I was finally able to upgrade from the test strips to the API master test kit and it will be here today so im super excited :) im hoping to add fish in about a month or 2! once i get it all planted how i want, i may add a couple nerite snails to help :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice