5 Gallon Tank Good Heater?

newbettagus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Temperatures are starting to cool here and soon my house will be under 75 degrees, at night down as low as 70. But when I look at reviews of aquarium heaters there are so many unfortunate incidents.

What do you use in your 5 gallon tank? What have you used and regretted it?

This is for a 5.5 gallon tank (not filled quite all the way to the top) with one betta in it.

Thank you.

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One of the biggest issues you will find with heaters for small tanks is they are often preset. You'll want an adjustable one as bettas like warmer water. I don't remember the brand of mine I'll have to check

Salem

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have used pretty much only preset tetra heaters as they are the only ones locally available to me. They keep the water at 78f and don't take up a lot of space. I do recommend getting one that is adjustable though and I've heard good things about the aqueon one

Jenn90

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I use the fluval 50w heater for my 15 gallon. You can adjust the temp and so far I have found it pretty reliable. But I don't know if this is too big for your tank?

newbettagus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks.

Another one of the problems with a small tank.

What I did for now: ordered a fancy one from Amazon (Cobalt) for hard winter, and picked up a small (7.5) Aqueon always-on to raise the temperature a few degrees at night in the borderline weeks.

I hope the fish does okay; I don't seem to be able to guarantee that, to my regret. If he dies, the next one gets a bigger tank, which I think will be easier to equip well.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom