Good Heater For A 2.5 Gallon Tank

ap4lmtree

Hi. I have a 50w hydro heater in each of my four 2.5 gallon aquarium tanks. For two of them, my temp remains at a constant 80 degrees fahrenheit like I want. However, for the other two, the temperature remains at about 82 - 83 degrees fahrenheit. Thus, I would like to replace the heaters for those two tanks with a 25w or lower wattage heater.

I would like to get two 25w hydro heaters; however, they are expensive at about $22 dollars per heater on amazon. Now, if I go to petco or petsmart, I think I can get a good quality Aqueon 50w heater for 10-12 bucks. However, they don't have a lower wattage model the same style as their 50w one. They have a 10 watt one, but it doesn't get as good reviews of quality.

Is there a less than 15 dollar heater. I don't really want to spend 22 dollars per heater

JenC

I have a couple of these 10w heaters and have no complaints. $11.86 on Amazon.

ap4lmtree

I have a couple of these 10w heaters and have no complaints. $11.86 on Amazon.

Okay, looks good. I ordered two of those marina 10w heaters. I like how it shuts off if not submersed too.

JenC

Okay, looks good. I ordered two of those marina 10w heaters. I like how it shuts off if not submersed too.
I completely understand your wariness. I remember looking for little heaters and none of them had consistently good reviews; they were all mixed and made me nervous.

All I can say is that the 10w has worked perfectly in my 2.5g tank. It doesn't overheat it like my previous 50w.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• ap4lmtree
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Cichlidude
Replies
Views
TWiG87
  • UnknownGuppyLover
  • Heater
Replies