20 Gallon Tank Good hardy 1 inch tropical fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh11551

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
i don't know how big Rasboras get bet they are a good schooling fish and so are most tetras

EDIT: i see that you are treating for ich so don't add anyfish until atleast a week of no more signs of ich. Welcome to FishLore!

Last edited:

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I may be wrong but your tank is already overstocked. Do you know about the nitrogen cycle. The betta is not a good community fish, and should be kept in a tank of its own. How long has this tank been up and running and what are your water parameters, before i advise on fish.

Last edited:
OP
S

Steven89098

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry about that, I didn't update my info. I gave away all my guppies to friends and moved my betta to a 2.5 gallon tank. My pleco is going back to the pet shop soon. im thinking about gettings like having this tank stocked with 8 zebra danios and a oto cat since they dont grow too big. Can you give me some algae eaters also so I can choose between the oto cat or ect.. This tank has been up for about 3 months already by the way.

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i have galaxy rasboras....they are def smaller than the harlies. they are prob and inch or so. plus they are not as sensitive as neons. they remind me of a stary night sky with all the speckles on them and they have a touch of orange on the tips of their fins. pretty/cute fish! i have four, with two more in Q. with four, they don't school a ton. i'm hoping six will do the trick.

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yeah i'd say galaxy rasboras, or endler's livebearers....both stay about one inch. i can't really think of more off the top of my head.......you're pretty limited with one inch. but both those fish are pretty.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've been researching nano fish and I've found ember tetras, dwarf emerald rasboras, chili rasboras and dwarf livebearers that I can recall off the top of my head. I don't think the dwarf livebearers school, though. There are more nano fish out there too.

-Lisa

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
All the fish I would have suggested are here, neons, galaxy rasboras!

I have cory cats for the bottom, they're nice, you can also get pygmy/dwarf cories. Otos are a popular choice on here, I like them too, but have no room for them! Or some kind of shrimp, technically they don't add to the bioload so can get more than you think and a few grow to an inch, some a little bigger though. They need a lot of algae to munch or you will have to add algae wafers for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 68 67.3%

Top Bottom