Good fry tank plants

Joshaeus

Well Known
Reaction score
HI everyone! I am planning on setting up a 10 gallon spawning and rearing tank for my Betta smaragdina pair. What are some good plants I could include in it? I was going to include floating plants and perhaps CO2 injection for the non-floaters; since this is going to be a fry tank, most fertilizers provided will be for potassium and trace elements. Thanks :)

OP
Joshaeus

Joshaeus

Well Known
Reaction score
Thanks! I am also interested in the plants being both easy growing and good nutrient consumers...granted, hornwort is both, but are there any other options I can use in addition to hornwort?

Sean P Rooney

Reaction score
Joshaeus said:
Thanks! I am also interested in the plants being both easy growing and good nutrient consumers...granted, hornwort is both, but are there any other options I can use in addition to hornwort?
Water sprite can be planted or floated. It's pretty much unkillable, so that's a good option

OP
Joshaeus

Joshaeus

Well Known
Reaction score
Would floating plants work better for nutrient extraction, in view of the easier time they have getting CO2? Also, would the large amount of food (1/8th tsp a day maximum for this tank) add enough phosphorous for the plants? (I am not expecting nitrogen deficiency to be a problem)

New Threads