Good Foods for Columbian shark

Discussion in 'Columbian Shark' started by ColumbianShark3, Apr 1, 2010.

1. ColumbianShark3

ColumbianShark3 Valued Member Member

Right now I use sinking shrimp pellets and Hikari sinking carnivore pellets and I am running low on those and thought id see what kind of good options there are

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

3. Sharkdude

Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

my sharks love frozen blood worms, i also feed them Aquarian sinking shrimp pellets(they are specifically for loaches and catfish) or Hikari bottom feeder sinking disks.

4. OP
    OP
    ColumbianShark3

Welcome to FishLore, I noticed your sharks are in a 38-gallon tank do you have something bigger to move them in to when they get larger

5. Sharkdude

Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

yeah im planning on moving them to a larger tank, not sure what size yet...ive found good deals on 60g tanks kinda want a 75g but they are considerably more expensive. plus i need to wait untill i move outa my apartment.

6. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Have tried lives foods that would be great

CB

7. OP
    OP
    ColumbianShark3

What about plain old night crawlers

If expense is a problem for you like it was for me an indoor pond would work well check out mine its a 100-gallon RubberMaid water stock tankhttps://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/members-fish-tanks/67747-100-gal-indoor-pond.html

8. tomcat

tomcat New Member Member

That's a good idea. I just bought a used 29 gallon setup. I told the guy to give me his fish too because I thought he might just throw them in a creek (he was kind of a creepy guy). So, he brought the tank over half full of dirty water and the fish in it. That's when I saw (kind of) a large catfish, a 10 inch Columbian Cat Shark! Very cool! I never saw one that big.

The fish is 3 years old, and has been in fresh water all it's life. I think the fish is great. I may buy a 75 gallon for him I like him so much. Money is tight though, that 100 gallon rubber-made tub looks like an idea. I could put it in the basement, and hang a regular home Florissant light over it. That wouldn't cost too much. Do you have a cover of some sort on it? I heard these fish jump, also a cover would help keep it warm I would think.

9. OP
    OP
    ColumbianShark3

A regular light would work, not as good but it would work, what I'm gonna do it just buy a large sheet of plexy glass to put on the top of it, and I'll PM you with advise about the stock tank tomorrow night (to busy now), oh and welcome to Fishlore

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice