Good Foods for Columbian shark

  • Thread starter

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Messages
473
Reaction score
2
Points
113
Experience
5 to 10 years
Right now I use sinking shrimp pellets and Hikari sinking carnivore pellets and I am running low on those and thought id see what kind of good options there are
 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Messages
22,858
Reaction score
120
Points
518
Experience
More than 10 years

Sharkdude

Well Known Member
Messages
2,763
Reaction score
30
Points
143
Experience
5 to 10 years
my sharks love frozen blood worms, i also feed them Aquarian sinking shrimp pellets(they are specifically for loaches and catfish) or Hikari bottom feeder sinking disks.
 
  • Thread starter

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Messages
473
Reaction score
2
Points
113
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sharkdude said:
my sharks love frozen blood worms, i also feed them Aquarian sinking shrimp pellets(they are specifically for loaches and catfish) or Hikari bottom feeder sinking disks.

Welcome to FishLore, I noticed your sharks are in a 38-gallon tank do you have something bigger to move them in to when they get larger
 

Sharkdude

Well Known Member
Messages
2,763
Reaction score
30
Points
143
Experience
5 to 10 years
ColumbianShark3 said:
Welcome to FishLore, I noticed your sharks are in a 38-gallon tank do you have something bigger to move them in to when they get larger
yeah I'm planning on moving them to a larger tank, not sure what size yet...ive found good deals on 60g tanks kinda want a 75 gallon but they are considerably more expensive. plus i need to wait until i move outa my apartment.
 

Chris123

Well Known Member
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
10
Points
133
Experience
4 years
Have tried lives foods that would be great

CB
 
  • Thread starter

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Messages
473
Reaction score
2
Points
113
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cheese burger said:
Have tried lives foods that would be great

CB
What about plain old night crawlers

Sharkdude said:
yeah I'm planning on moving them to a larger tank, not sure what size yet...ive found good deals on 60g tanks kinda want a 75 gallon but they are considerably more expensive. plus i need to wait until i move outa my apartment.
If expense is a problem for you like it was for me an indoor pond would work well check out mine its a 100-gallon RubberMaid water stock tank
 

tomcat

New Member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
86
Experience
2 years
ColumbianShark3 said:
What about plain old night crawlers



If expense is a problem for you like it was for me an indoor pond would work well check out mine its a 100-gallon RubberMaid water stock tank
That's a good idea. I just bought a used 29 gallon setup. I told the guy to give me his fish too because I thought he might just throw them in a creek (he was kind of a creepy guy). So, he brought the tank over half full of dirty water and the fish in it. That's when I saw (kind of) a large catfish, a 10 inch Columbian Cat Shark! Very cool! I never saw one that big.

The fish is 3 years old, and has been in fresh water all it's life. I think the fish is great. I may buy a 75 gallon for him I like him so much. Money is tight though, that 100 gallon rubber-made tub looks like an idea. I could put it in the basement, and hang a regular home Florissant light over it. That wouldn't cost too much. Do you have a cover of some sort on it? I heard these fish jump, also a cover would help keep it warm I would think.
 
  • Thread starter

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Messages
473
Reaction score
2
Points
113
Experience
5 to 10 years
tomcat said:
That's a good idea. I just bought a used 29 gallon setup. I told the guy to give me his fish too because I thought he might just throw them in a creek (he was kind of a creepy guy). So, he brought the tank over half full of dirty water and the fish in it. That's when I saw (kind of) a large catfish, a 10 inch Columbian Cat Shark! Very cool! I never saw one that big.

The fish is 3 years old, and has been in fresh water all it's life. I think the fish is great. I may buy a 75 gallon for him I like him so much. Money is tight though, that 100 gallon rubber-made tub looks like an idea. I could put it in the basement, and hang a regular home Florissant light over it. That wouldn't cost too much. Do you have a cover of some sort on it? I heard these fish jump, also a cover would help keep it warm I would think.

A regular light would work, not as good but it would work, what I'm gonna do it just buy a large sheet of plexy glass to put on the top of it, and I'll PM you with advise about the stock tank tomorrow night (to busy now), oh and welcome to Fishlore
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom