Good Floating Plants For Betta?

Sequoia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So every morning when I turn on my betta’s light on he get really stressed out and turns striped and pale but 5 minutes later he’s ok. I think it’s because it’s scaring him so I’d like to get floating plants. So is there any floating plants that are low maintenance and low cost?

Freshwater-Freshman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sequoia said:
So every morning when I turn on my betta’s light on he get really stressed out and turns striped and pale but 5 minutes later he’s ok. I think it’s because it’s scaring him so I’d like to get floating plants. So is there any floating plants that are low maintenance and low cost?
I know many floating plants don't take shipping too well, so as an alternative you could try to get something like a dwarf aquarium lily, (depending on the size of his tank) mine exploded with really pretty red leaves in my 20L and keeps my fish feeling nice and covered

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have floating red rooters. I got them off of aquabid. They were cheap and have done really well! I have lots of little new ones coming in.

Another suggestion is emergent plants. There are plenty of houseplants you can grow with the roots in the water, and the leaves out. I have spider plants, wandering jew, and golden pothos grown this way. I keep them tied to a suction cup on the inside of the aquarium around the rim. Golden pothos and wandering jew are especially good since they are vines. I have a zillion spider plants cos they grow like crazy but it is a little harder to keep the leaves out of the water. They can have a lot of roots which provide cover especially for top fish like bettas. My mom has a betta in her 55 gallon which has claimed a section of spider plant roots as his territory.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom