good fish and plant ideas

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by CodyJ, Dec 12, 2012.

1. CodyJ

CodyJ Valued Member Member

I need help with fish ideas and plant ideas for a 26 gallon bow front tank so if u have any good Ideas tell me

2. c

chevyguy8893 Well Known Member Member

Are you looking to go for a peaceful community of fish, or just open to any ideas? For plants, it would depend on your lights as to what can be recommended. Some good, low maintenance, plants that do well in a broad range are java ferns, anubias, cryptocoryne species, java moss, and marsilea hirsuta.

3. Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98 Well Known Member Member

breeding angels with small school of smaller cory cats. maybe some rummynose tetras.
    as for plants- 1 amazon sword right in the centre, rotala on the sides in the back and some dwarf hairgrass in the front.

this is my dream tank

4. OP
    OP
    CodyJ

CodyJ Valued Member Member

I possibly want a Betta as a center piece

5. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

As said, planted tank starts with the light. Your light setup is probably low light or too low and that limits you.

Bettas on the other hand aren't best in a community. It doesn't always workout.

6. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Oh I can help with this, as i have a 26g bowfront with about 2w/g (medium lighting) and the center piece *drumroll* betta!!!!

My stocking is 6 albino cories, 6 black neons, 6 otos, 4 blue mystery snails, and, of course, the 1 Veiltail betta! I recently move the gang to a 29 and added a group, 4, black skirts... and the planing was:
    Anubias eye, Java fern, onion plant, rotala, ludwigia, red lily, mondo grass(is not aquatic though it is sold for tank), ancaris(spelling?), Christmas moss, 1 giant marimo moss ball, dwarf sag, and microsword :)

7. f

folion New Member Member

I know you are looking for full aquatic plants but I have had luck using pothos plants in a HOB filter and it adds a nice touch.

8. C

CluelessBettaOwner New Member Member

I have my betta in a 15 gallon community tank with albino corydoras and tetras. Not all bettas work well in community tanks, it depends on their personality. I would look into betta tank mates, as a betta limits the choice you have.
    I reccomend getting corydoras because they are so cute and funny. They zip around like mad men and shouldn't bother your betta.
    You could get a school of fish. Tetras and white cloud mountain minnows, probably would work, but their are other types too.
    As another option you could keep a few female bettas together, I think in that size.
    I would also take a look at bettafish. It's a forum only for bettas and they have a lot of fantastic betta keepers as well as plently of fish care just for bettas.
    I'm sure though that there are great betta keeper on here though, it's just whether or not they appear.

9. crazycatlady

crazycatlady Well Known Member Member

I would avoid keeping any bettas male or female together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice