Good First Fish For Beginner Breeding Tub

misobean

Active Member
Member
Messages
60
HI everyone!

What do you think would be a good fish for my first tub project? and something I can make some profit from?
I was thinking fancy guppies or sword tails but are there any other cool fish I could opt to try too? I've heard some people say corydoras and shrimps would work?

All responses appreciated!
 

saddleupjep

Active Member
Member
Messages
173
scarface said:
I think White Cloud Mountain Minnows would be great. Mine never ate their own fry. Is it profitable? I don’t know. SER=68627]Mcasella[/USER], any thoughts?
Long finned WCMM are harder to find so I imagine they'd be more profitable. Just remember they like cooler temps.
 

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,323
saddleupjep said:
Long finned WCMM are harder to find so I imagine they'd be more profitable. Just remember they like cooler temps.
Long fins would be very profitable I think . They are a beautiful fish without a doubt . In compare a regular or even gold white cloud will sell for 2.99 so you will get maybe .75 for one . Long fins go for $16 in my area [not sure if each or pair but I think pair?] .
There may be one issue with them and that is whether they breed true ...I had them and breed them [by accident] and I think the gene is recessive ? I grew out many regular white clouds if memory serves me correct .The one store I got mine from said they got theirs from a breeder in Mass who used a pond ! He knew of no other source.
 

saddleupjep

Active Member
Member
Messages
173
coralbandit said:
Long fins would be very profitable I think . They are a beautiful fish without a doubt . /QUOTE]

Absolutely the most beautiful fish I ever had.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
misobean

misobean

Active Member
Member
Messages
60
Thanks for the replies everyone!
I think I'll go for fancy guppies and bristlenose! (would dwarf bristlenose work?)
I would have liked to try the long finned white clouds but sadly I can't find any here...

What else do you guys think would do well in a tub? for future projects
 

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,844
misobean said:
Thanks for the replies everyone!
I think I'll go for fancy guppies and bristlenose! (would dwarf bristlenose work?)
I would have liked to try the long finned white clouds but sadly I can't find any here...

What else do you guys think would do well in a tub? for future projects
(Common bristlenose are pretty much a dwarf pleco already, some strains grow up to smaller total length. There are some other types of bristlenose they grow out smaller like ancistrus claro)
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
70
Guests online
2,017
Total visitors
2,087

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom