Good filters that dont clog up every day.

Turnkeyagenda24

i am looking for a filter that doesnt clog every day.

ZER0C00L

How big of a tank?

A201

The "Marineland Emperor filters" rarely cause problems, especially if the fitted filter pad is replaced with foam sponges & ceramic media.

Turnkeyagenda24

55 gallon top fin starter kit tank

ValkyrieLips

I saw your other post and since your tank is so heavily stocked you're going to want to get a filter that's rated for higher than a 55 gallon, like a 75. Although, your sick gourami will not like the heavy flow. I would consider moving him to a quarantine tank.

Best of luck and don't forget to do plenty of WCs during your fish-in cycle!

Turnkeyagenda24

thanks, how big of a quarintine tank do i need?
my tank for sure doesnt look heavily stocked :)

ValkyrieLips

thanks, how big of a quarintine tank do i need?
my tank for sure doesnt look heavily stocked :)

It's not all about how it looks. It's more so about the bioload of the species of fish you are keeping and how big those fish will eventually get. You have 2 plecos which have big bioloads (they are messy eaters and produce A LOT of waste) as well as a bunch of other schooling fish. Depending on the species of pleco your current tank might not even be big enough keep them in permanently.

Your tank is also uncycled so having that many fish in it at once will cause ammonia and nitrite spikes. I highly recommend researching the nitrogen cycle if you haven't already so you can understand how to keep your fish healthy.

As for the QT I would suggest at least a 10-20 gallon.

Turnkeyagenda24

i am not planning to have the plecos for a long timr i've heard from the pet store that they grow to around 10-12 inches

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TacomaToker
  • Question
Replies
Views
pagoda
  • Question
Replies
Views
Megaanemp