Good Decoration For 5" Fish Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Rtessy, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

I'm redoing my 60g a bit (48×12×24) and I'm looking for a decoration that would be a good hiding place for my 5" goldfish, but one that will also fit into the 12" width. It's a common goldfish, so rather slim bodied if that helps. Also any other recommendations for hiding spots for the amanos in there, the goldfish doesn't bother them, they're just shy. Right now they have a little rock pile and a pirate ship they hang out in, but I'm looking to spruce it up a bit. And something that a mystery snail won't get stuck in.

2. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Personally, I’d just get some terrictotta pots. They can be large and would fit into the tank well. I’d get some plants for the ammanos to hide in and perhaps some driftwood or small pots.

3. OP
    OP
    Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

I have a lot of anacharis that the amanos hang out in, they seem to really like it. Glad to know that its good enough for them! I know the holes of the terra cotta pots should be plugged and sanded, and they should be laid sideways. Should I partially bury them?

4. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

You can bury them if you want, but it’s not necessary. I typically don’t sand mine down and just plug it with some filter sponge instead, but you can sand it down. I just personally don’t.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice