Good deal on this tank or no?

BlackOsprey

My LFS has a busted 29g on discount. The glass pane on one of its sides has two large cracks in it, and it has been marked down to $20. I have no intention to use this as an aquarium, just as a terrarium or maybe a future paludarium (the cracks are on the upper half of the pane so the bottom might still be watertight). A petco dollar per gallon sale would be more costly. Does this seem worth it?

Rachaeljuno

Seems like a good deal to me, but what was the starting price? You could if you want try to bargain them down to $15

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Well, it is only a bargain if you have some ideas what to do with it. Considering i usually see 29s for $60+, not a terrible price.

Upvote 0

goldface

I think it's a great deal for a terrarium or vivarium, but wouldn't risk using it for a paludarium. I would also try and bargain the price down further. Just be careful while lifting and moving it.

Upvote 0

JettsPapa

Walk away, and don't look back.

Upvote 0

Sanderguy777

I would get it, then spend another $30 on silicone and a piece of plexiglass or acrylic that I would silicone to the entire side.
But Jettspapa is probably right about it being a good thing to walk away from if you don't have the silicone and plastic on hand.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
LowConductivity
  • Question
Replies
Views
JettsPapa
  • Question
Replies