Good Deal? 75 Gallon

ValerieAdams

So I just stumbled across a person selling a 75 gallon tank and stand for $250. But that's all it is, the tank and the stand. Is this a good deal?

david1978

Do you know the brand of the tank?

ValerieAdams

stella1979

Also, a nice stand can be pretty pricey, so if it's in good shape, (check for mold), that could be a deciding factor as well.

stella1979

Also, a nice stand can be pretty pricey, so if it's in good shape, (check for mold), that could be a deciding factor as well.

ValerieAdams

It's a deep blue. I will upload the pictures here, it's only a year old. I'm an hour or two away from it

Jayd976

also try to get an idea of the age of the tank and the condition of the silicone.

ValerieAdams

These are the pictures I got, I just asked if I could get more
You must be registered to see images
You must be registered to see images

Jayd976

looks like a DIY cabinet and canopy. Nothing fancy, but adequate.

Jayd976

also may just be the , but the tank looks narrow more like a 55 gallon not a 75 gallon. But again could just be the photo. Have them get the tank dimensions. a 75 gallon is 48x18x20

ValerieAdams

also may just be the , but the tank looks narrow more like a 55 gallon not a 75 gallon. But again could just be the photo. Have them get the tank dimensions. a 75 gallon is 48x18x20
Yes, that is the dimensions that they gave me. They actually said 48x18x21 but I think that was a typo

ValerieAdams

looks like a DIY cabinet and canopy. Nothing fancy, but adequate.
The canopy in the front facing picture also has the front of it removed just to show how it can be removed

stella1979

Agreed with Jay, so the question is of you think it's worth it considering your plans and goals.

Deep Blue isn't super fancy, but I'd say a little nicer than your standard Aqueon. I have a 7.5 gallon 12 inch cube by them that I use for the betta. Again, not super fancy and perhaps just the tiniest bit sloppy with the silicone, but I do love it. Idk about their big tanks, but the little cube came with a dense foam padding layer attached to the bottom. I was planning on buying something similar to go underneath the tank and didn't have to, so that was a bonus.

Jayd976

I had to return a deep blue tank because of the sloppy silicone job. It didn’t even go all the way up to the top corners cut out about 2” from the top seems.

rugerjr

That’s a good deal if it’s in good shape and no scratches. My mom bought a 125 gallon for cheap but it was just the ugliest scratched up junk I’ve seen. So even if it’s 1000 gallons for $100, it’s not worth it if it’s been beat up. Unless you’re wanting to run it in a basement for a common sump or something.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aquarist
Replies
Views
andrew45
Replies
Views
AmStatic
Replies
Views