good clean up crew?

1. am3ience Initiate Member

Hi, it's me again, still with my 36g tank, heavily planted now! Current Stock:

5 cardinal tetras
    3 honey gourami
    2 rams
    3 otocinclus
    1 SAE

I was wondering if there were any good scavenger fish or invertebrate that you guys can recommend for me, for my tank, just incase I have any leftover food that sinks to the bottom. Also, should I add a few more otos? or do you think 3 is enough?

2. Rm2011 Initiate Member

I personally only have 3 ottos in my 20 gallon and they seem fine, but they are a shocking fish so 6 or more would be better. Also, I would recommend some corydoras. I have the Albino Aeneus ones and I love them. They also prefer to be in groups of 6 or more and also require a substrate without sharp edges, such as sand or smooth gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. k9z3boys Member Member

i agree with the corys. we like the peppers and the albinos
    also ghost shrimp are good clean up crew, don't require extra food and don't add much In the way of bioload,
    our otos are in a group of 6 ( different tank than the corys) and seem happier in 6..

4. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

I have a few ghost shrimp in my 60 gallon tank. They don't clean the WHOLE tank but somewhat get the job done. They eat all the uneaten food and dead plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. Linda4088 Well Known Member Member

I have ghost shrimp and red cherry shrimp in my 10 gallon and 40 gallon. The cherries are very small still but my ghost shrimp grew up very fast and they are so cool to watch. They also don't affect your bio load like fish do.