Good Cichlid Breeder

chowes

Has anyone else ordered from this website:
I just ordered five cichlids from them and they are beautiful and very healthy. I was just wondering...

Allie

The site looks good, but I haven't dealt with them myself.
Mmm I wonder if they will send fish to Canada.
So what fish did you get? ;D

chowes

Pseudotropheus sp. elongatus Chewere (He looks exactly like the picture)
Labeotropheus trewavasae (Red top)
Tropheops sp. Aurora
Rusty
Cynotilapia afra Cobue
I am so in love with them. They are so different from my other tanks!

Allie

chowes said:
Pseudotropheus sp. elongatus Chewere (He looks exactly like the picture)
Labeotropheus trewavasae (Red top)
Tropheops sp. Aurora
Rusty
Cynotilapia afra Cobue
I am so in love with them. They are so different from my other tanks!
Did you only get the six different fish? MalawI need to be in groups of 1 male to at least 2 females of each species for the tank to have harmony in your tank.
Labeotropheus trewavasae (Red top)< these guys are super agggressive compared to the other 4 species.

chowes

I read that you could do an all male tank. Is that true?

Allie

chowes said:
I read that you could do an all male tank. Is that true?
A person with a experience could do it...the aggression is hard to keep at a minimum. Your fish would be angry all the time.
It's risky and you need a huge tank to do so. The male will fight to death over territories. I wouldn't recommend it. If you do decided on it...stock up on melafix and bacterial infection meds....they fight a lot when mature. Oh and at least a 55 gallon with lots of rocks or no hiding spots at all...nothing to look at but fish. Not a fun tank.
Right now I have too many males in my tanks...but I can't sell them yet. I want to be 100% sure they are parasite free.
I have a 33g temporary home with 9 fish, 5 yellow labs 2 of them are males, a 2 year old blue hap pair and 2 single male aceI Tanzania and a cobalt zebra. All the males are fighting like crazy. My aceI bit a chunk out of my blue hap male while I was trying to get pix. Right in front of me, the little bugger.

Allie

Here's an article on the subject

chowes

Thanks. I have been keeping a close eye on all of them for injuries and especially aggressive fish.

Slug

Never dealt with that person myself, but looks like good fish. Prices seem a bit high, but seems like a good place.

Angela_96

Um, this would be a good time to say I have 2 auctions on aquabid lol

I haven't ordered from there, I have a couple people from aquabid and have been happy w/ what I got. I also ordered a hongI breeding group from someone different, I will find out how good they are soon enough..

Top Bottom