Good bye little guppy...

Discussion in 'Fish Memorials' started by Gouramiguy17, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Gouramiguy17

Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Well today I went to check my established tank that has my pair of kribs and all my neons andthis is that I saw; my little guppy with almost all of it's tail missing, it must of gotten too close to thier cave. Then it started swimming, but it was very wobbly. The current pushed it away, towards the kribs cave. All the sudden, my male krib rushed over and bit more of the guppies tail. Then the guppy fell to the ground and my female krib swam over and sucked it's head into her mouth! She almost ate the entire fish. Then she spit it out and it looked gross, but apparently it looked good because my betta juliet came over and just but into it and swam off with it into her cave... I haven't seen it since.

2. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I'm sorry..... that must've been traumatic to witness..... :console:

3. OP
    OP
    Gouramiguy17

I know, I think I'll have nightmares about it!

4. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm so sorry about your guppy. :(
    :;dk You have a betta in with your kribs?

5. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

aww no !! poor thing :( sorry for your loss!!
    are you going to take out the betta now? otherwise, that could be next :(

6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Doh!!!!! GouramiGuy I have to give you one of these :nono: for having your Betta in there with the kribs. I hope you consider rehousing your betta into a home of it's own. I know it's your tank and you can do with it as you wish but I really fear for the Betta. :)

So sorry to hear about your guppy :(

Best wishes,
    Ken

7. m

mcurtissdsu Well Known Member Member

:eek: Oh my goodness....that's awful :( I have a special place in my heart for guppies...poor little thing.

8. OP
    OP
    Gouramiguy17

My betta has been with my tank for 10 months now and no problems. The guppy was very small, like the size of a full grown male endler. My betta has been in the tank everytime the kribs have spawned and nothing bad has happened to her except when she ate some babies, but she got just a little nip in her tail, nothing some tlc can't fix.

9. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP little guppy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice