Good bye little guppy...

Gouramiguy17

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well today I went to check my established tank that has my pair of kribs and all my neons andthis is that I saw; my little guppy with almost all of it's tail missing, it must of gotten too close to thier cave. Then it started swimming, but it was very wobbly. The current pushed it away, towards the kribs cave. All the sudden, my male krib rushed over and bit more of the guppies tail. Then the guppy fell to the ground and my female krib swam over and sucked it's head into her mouth! She almost ate the entire fish. Then she spit it out and it looked gross, but apparently it looked good because my betta juliet came over and just but into it and swam off with it into her cave... I haven't seen it since.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry..... that must've been traumatic to witness..... :console:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm so sorry about your guppy.
You have a betta in with your kribs?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aww no !! poor thing sorry for your loss!!
are you going to take out the betta now? otherwise, that could be next

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Doh!!!!! GouramiGuy I have to give you one of these for having your Betta in there with the kribs. I hope you consider rehousing your betta into a home of it's own. I know it's your tank and you can do with it as you wish but I really fear for the Betta.

So sorry to hear about your guppy

Best wishes,
Ken

mcurtissdsu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oh my goodness....that's awful I have a special place in my heart for guppies...poor little thing.

Gouramiguy17

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My betta has been with my tank for 10 months now and no problems. The guppy was very small, like the size of a full grown male endler. My betta has been in the tank everytime the kribs have spawned and nothing bad has happened to her except when she ate some babies, but she got just a little nip in her tail, nothing some tlc can't fix.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom