Good Bottom Feeder For Planted Tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by pibbles101, Apr 22, 2018.

1. pibbles101New MemberMember

I have been reading about plecos not being the greatest in planted tanks. What are some good bottom feeder for a planted tank with angelfish?

Forgot to add it's a 120 gallon tank.

2. CloudTheFluffy

CloudTheFluffyValued MemberMember

You could get a big group of Cory cats. Kuhli loaches are a favourite but you might have some trouble with fish picking in them while there small because they look like worms.
    Also shrimp are always fun depending on how planted and the amount of hideimg spots they could work.

3. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Some plecos make good candiates for planted tanks. Eg zebra pleco - they carnivorous.... BN also make good additions as well.

Maybe siamese algae eaters? Whiptails/twig catfish? Have you thought of including rams or apistos? What about geophagus?

4. OP
    OP
    p

pibbles101New MemberMember

Is my first tropical fresh water, always had gold fish before. I will check all of those out. Thanks

5. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Corys. You'll love 'em. Can almost guarantee that. Keep 'em groups of 5 or more is ideal. Yes, bristlenoses...snails...twig cats...with a big tank like that, pretty much any Pleco or catfish...uh...there's a LOT you could choose from! FYI, Kuhlis do hidea lot though in the sub. And are pretty good at it too.

6. ZeeZ

ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

You could run 3-5 Clown Loaches in that tank. A school of YoYo Loaches would be fun too.

7. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

A 120G without a huge school of Corys is like .......... without .............
    And a BN to fullfill that nee

8. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

But better than that is a massive school of kuhlis. Trust me, having a school of 20+ kuhlis is hilarious to watch, they drape themselves everywhere like christmas decorations.

9. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

I disagree hahaha. First watch a school of 20 to 30 Corys !!!! No Cory no glory !!! No Kuhli no .......... ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice