Good Bottom Feeder For Planted Tank?

pibbles101

Reaction score

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You could get a big group of Cory cats. Kuhli loaches are a favourite but you might have some trouble with fish picking in them while there small because they look like worms.
Also shrimp are always fun depending on how planted and the amount of hideimg spots they could work.

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some plecos make good candiates for planted tanks. Eg zebra pleco - they carnivorous.... BN also make good additions as well.

Maybe siamese algae eaters? Whiptails/twig catfish? Have you thought of including rams or apistos? What about geophagus?

pibbles101

Reaction score
Is my first tropical fresh water, always had gold fish before. I will check all of those out. Thanks

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Corys. You'll love 'em. Can almost guarantee that. Keep 'em groups of 5 or more is ideal. Yes, bristlenoses...snails...twig cats...with a big tank like that, pretty much any Pleco or catfish...uh...there's a LOT you could choose from! FYI, Kuhlis do hidea lot though in the sub. And are pretty good at it too.

ZeeZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A 120 gallon without a huge school of Corys is like .......... without .............
And a BN to fullfill that nee

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DoubleDutch said:
A 120 gallon without a huge school of Corys is like .......... without .............
And a BN to fullfill that nee
But better than that is a massive school of kuhlis. Trust me, having a school of 20+ kuhlis is hilarious to watch, they drape themselves everywhere like christmas decorations.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aussieJJDude said:
But better than that is a massive school of kuhlis. Trust me, having a school of 20+ kuhlis is hilarious to watch, they drape themselves everywhere like christmas decorations.
I disagree hahaha. First watch a school of 20 to 30 Corys !!!! No Cory no glory !!! No Kuhli no .......... ?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom