Good Books

1. FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlake Well Known Member Member

What are some good books you would recommend for fishkeepers? I just got a bit of extra money from my after school job and thought I might as well have a nice read over the summer.

2. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

Are you looking for informational books or fictional books that have to do with fish?

3. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Nothing against readers, (i cannot stand reading) it’s really a good thing to read books, but I only use the internet really, no books for me.

4. OP
    OP
    FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlake Well Known Member Member

More of informational books.
    I feel ya, I am not a big reader myself. I recently realized that I enjoy reading informational books (like "The art of keeping snakes" by Philippe de Vosjoli) but, I still will watch videos or look at pictures when given the choice lol.

5. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

Hmm... is there a "Fishkeeping for Dummies" book? There must be!

6. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Ecology of the Planted Aquarium by Diana Walstad.

Really good if you want to keep good planted tanks or learn the Walstad method.

7. coralbandit

coralbandit Well Known Member Member

8. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

I agree with Freshwater aquariums for dummies. There’s a saltwater one too, I have both.

9. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

There was a better book than the "Dummies" version, it was "Idiot's Guide to Freshwater Aquariums". Well written, funny in spots, but educational. Unfortunately, the Dummies bought out the Idiots and discontinued that book because it was competition for the less accurate and poorly written Dummies version. It still exists in used book stores, but it is very hard to come by. Most people who bought it kept it.