Good aquarium kits.

TheAnglerAquarist

So I have always talked about how I want another tank and my parents wouldn’t let me. Today, I was talking to my mom and she said I can get one, but I would have to pay for it! The biggest I want is a fluval flex 9 gallon. I either want 1 or a pair of pea puffers. I like the idea of starting from scratch with a five gallon. I have plants, substrate and beneficial bacteria to cycle. I just need a tank. What are some good ones that are under $150? I am so excited! I am saving my money. Shout get it around Christmas.

TheAnglerAquarist

So I have always talked about how I want another tank and my parents wouldn’t let me. Today, I was talking to my mom and she said I can get one, but I would have to pay for it! The biggest I want is a fluval flex 9 gallon. I either want 1 or a pair of pea puffers. I like the idea of starting from scratch with a five gallon. I have plants, substrate and beneficial bacteria to cycle. I just need a tank. What are some good ones that are under $150? I am so excited! I am saving my money. Shout get it around Christmas.
I might put cherry shrimp with the peas too! It would produce a good source for them at all times

LurkingontheReg

Those shrimp will be slaughtered post haste.
Is there a reason you're set on buying a kit? I find that I end up replacing the stuff that comes with it.
Regardless, both Black Friday and Christmas are coming up and are prime opportunities to rack up with whatever you want.

TheAnglerAquarist

Is there a reason you're set on buying a kit? I find that I end up replacing the stuff that comes with it.
Regardless, both Black Friday and Christmas are coming up and are prime opportunities to rack up with whatever you want.
Yeah but fluval has better that average stuff, IMO. I could get a 5.5 and get one. Customize for my liking

Zid88

I was wondering where is the best place to buy tank and lid combo? I bought a 20 gallon Topfin kit, and like you said, I replaced lot of it. The heater is ENORMOUS, replaced with one of those slim tiny pre-set 78 degree one. Replaced filter with Aquaclear and a sponge filter. But it was on sale, so I felt I didn't lose out on much $$$.

I keep reading great things about certain tanks like a 30 long or 40 breeder, but having a tough time where I could buy one with a lid? I don't mind buying lighting separate. The only ones I found were thousands $$$ aimed at complex saltwater setups.

None of the pet shops around me sell decent aquarium supplies. And the only dedicated aquarium shop within 50 mile drive for me just sells goldfish.

LurkingontheReg

Unfortunately, I think those aren't so commonly sold with the lid. The good news though is that you do have a couple options. I've noticed that both the Petland and Petco near me both sell lids. If not in stock you could order one online. I've bought a couple lids from liveaquaria.com that turned out fine.
Not sure how handy you are, but you could go the diy route. There are several options you have to customize to your liking, including netting/screen lids depending on what you want the lid for.

TheAnglerAquarist

would the Marineland portrait tank be good for a pea? I know that is is very tall and wouldn’t have a ton of room for swimming side to side, but this might not matter as much for a pea, right?

LurkingontheReg

I don't think that's gonna be a problem as long as you make sure they're adequately entertained/ not bored.

Also, good news, Petsmart currently has the Flex 9 for $109 along with a sale of spend $100 and save $25 and free same day delivery on it. Hopefully there's still one available near you if you still want it.

TheAnglerAquarist

I don't think that's gonna be a problem as long as you make sure they're adequately entertained/ not bored.

Also, good news, Petsmart currently has the Flex 9 for $109 along with a sale of spend $100 and save $25 and free same day delivery on it. Hopefully there's still one available near you if you still want it.
Cool!

StarGirl

Petsmart also has a pet game on the app you can play and get up to 25% off coupon. I got mine for about 85 out the door.

Dont get a white one wait for black! They look dirty all the time.

TheAnglerAquarist

Petsmart also has a pet game on the app you can play and get up to 25% off coupon. I got mine for about 85 out the door.

Dont get a white one wait for black! They look dirty all the time.
I love the black wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more haha. So more aesthetically pleasing

StarGirl

I love mine. I like the compartments in the back to hide the heater and stuff too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views
Dunk2
Replies
Views
Sanderguy777
Replies
Views