10 Gallon Tank Good 10 Gallon Nano

Oliver T.
Hello, I've been planning on setting up a 10 gallon nano tank but dont know where to start in terms of buying a tank. I'm planning on buying one with the filter built into the back of it, but dont know what else I should look for in a nano tank. Is there anything specific that the tank should come with? Is there any brand that I should research? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Fishproblem
Oliver T. said:
Hello, I've been planning on setting up a 10 gallon nano tank but dont know where to start in terms of buying a tank. I'm planning on buying one with the filter built into the back of it, but dont know what else I should look for in a nano tank. Is there anything specific that the tank should come with? Is there any brand that I should research? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Another nano reefer!? This is like christmas. It might feel a little superficial, but a good place to start is deciding if you want a cube or a more traditional rectangle, and where/how you want to display it (peninsula, or no?). That'll narrow down the specific tanks you're looking at.
And of course, the big factor is budget. What are you looking to spend?

Oliver T.
Fishproblem said:
Another nano reefer!? This is like christmas. It might feel a little superficial, but a good place to start is deciding if you want a cube or a more traditional rectangle, and where/how you want to display it (peninsula, or no?). That'll narrow down the specific tanks you're looking at.
And of course, the big factor is budget. What are you looking to spend?
Im glad your excited! Im looking for a more cube design and I want it in more of the corner of my bedroom where I can look at it before I go to sleep and closely monitor it when I work or laying in bed

Fishproblem
Oliver T. said:
Im glad your excited! Im looking for a more cube design and I want it in more of the corner of my bedroom where I can look at it before I go to sleep and closely monitor it when I work or laying in bed
I'm very excited - sorry to put pressure on, but I'm now emotionally invested in this build

My first rec would be the waterbox cube 10. I don't own one of their all in one systems, but I do have one of their all glass aquariums and I love it. And I follow their company pretty closely - I'm a huge fan, and I'll be going straight to them for a bigger reef tank the moment I have space.

Oliver T.
Fishproblem said:
I'm very excited - sorry to put pressure on, but I'm now emotionally invested in this build

My first rec would be the waterbox cube 10. I don't own one of their all in one systems, but I do have one of their all glass aquariums and I love it. And I follow their company pretty closely - I'm a huge fan, and I'll be going straight to them for a bigger reef tank the moment I have space.
Watercube does have some very nice looking tanks and the pricing seems great, but it seems odd that the light adds on an extra 200 dollars, is there a more cost friendly (~50$-100$) light that can keep a few coral and maybe an anemone happy? I'm planning on maybe a single bubble anemone and a few carpeting corals

Fishproblem
Oliver T. said:
Watercube does have some very nice looking tanks and the pricing seems great, but it seems odd that the light adds on an extra 200 dollars, is there a more cost friendly (~50$-100$) light that can keep a few coral and maybe an anemone happy? I'm planning on maybe a single bubble anemone and a few carpeting corals
The light is a rather high end one - I was actually going to bring that up. Most people say to go with the best gear from the start so that you have room to grow. I don't have the money for that and refuse to wait until I do, so I've taken a less expensive route. I don't have corals in yet, so can't tell you if that was the right call. There are less expensive lights, certainly, that will get the job done. Some reefers I've seen even just use PAR38 bulbs (which cost about $35 each - you might need two for that tank). I chose the nicrew 30 watt reef LED based on the looks and the encouraging reviews. There is definitely a middle ground between my shoestring budget build and an AI Prime, though. HarrisonAquatics is probably more familiar with the reliable midrange brands though!

Oliver T.
Fishproblem said:
The light is a rather high end one - I was actually going to bring that up. Most people say to go with the best gear from the start so that you have room to grow. I don't have the money for that and refuse to wait until I do, so I've taken a less expensive route. I don't have corals in yet, so can't tell you if that was the right call. There are less expensive lights, certainly, that will get the job done. Some reefers I've seen even just use PAR38 bulbs (which cost about $35 each - you might need two for that tank). I chose the nicrew 30 watt reef LED based on the looks and the encouraging reviews. There is definitely a middle ground between my shoestring budget build and an AI Prime, though. HarrisonAquatics is probably more familiar with the reliable midrange brands though!
I like the bulbs you recommended and will do more research into them. So we have:
Tank, Check
Light, Check
Filter, Check
I also have some pumps and some current fans, Check
Anything else I should look into? The main thing I'm concerned about is having to go somewhere on a trip or vacation and not being able to monitor the salinity of my tank when I'm gone. Is there a device that can auto top off your water? So when the freshwater evaporates it automatically tops it off?

Oliver T.
HarrisonAquatics said:
I use the Hipargero Aquaknight on my 10 gallon: Amazon.com

Might be cheaper to use one of these than two cheaper PAR 38's. So far no issues growing some easier SPS. In my last tank I used it on I had a BTA in there with no issues.
Thanks for your advice, these look pretty good, if I may ask do you have a custom lighting setting to grow your corals?

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom