Gone

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

For those who miss me when I'm gone :)( Isn't that an old Randy Travis song ?) Both of our computers have given up the ghost. KAPUTTTT. lost all the files on mine including all my pics stored there. AARRGGHH
    My son is here for the holidays and can use his for a few days but after he leaves will be without until we can buy another computer.
    So i love you all and haven't abandoned the site. Will be back as soon as possible.
    Carol

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;hug2 You are missed Carol.
    Maybe with Black Friday and the holiday coming up you can find a good deal. :)

3. eiginh Well Known Member Member

Black Friday should be fun! :;toast

Does the computer not turn on at all or when you turn it on none of the files is showing up?

If it's the computer itself, you may actually save your hard drive and put that into a new desktop and all your files are saved!

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks Lucy :) It will just have to wait until hubby goes back to work. He has been released to go back Dec 1st YAY!!!!
    Eiginh - They are both really old grafted(a piece from this comp and a piece from another comp) computers. We had a storm that blew the DSL modem on mine(yes It was on :( ). we got a new modem and for about a week they did fine then I was at facebook and mine went blank, came back on and said "all removable files are being deleted. I hit the off button and then when I tried to boot back up it told me there was nothing to boot back up. Then hubbys power supply went out.
    Our son who is here for Thanksgiving built both comps and works on comp as a side has tried everything he can think of and has given them up for dead. I am using his laptop until he goes home Wednesday. I will miss him AND his laptop LOL
    Just didn't want anybody to worry or think I had dropped off the earth :)
    carol

5. eiginh Well Known Member Member

Man!!! that stinks! maybe buy an extra external hard drive on black friday? That way you can have two hard drives in case one fails the back up would be good :) Good luck!

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks. All these years we've never had a computer problem (what with the built in computer geeks in the family. One is a comp engineer, one does as a side line and one is in college studyng computter stuff)
    But I am just sick. Some of my pics are posted here so I can retrieve them thankfully.
    carol

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:eek: Oh my goodness. That must have been sickening.
    I'm really sorry you lost so much. :(

8. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Yes it was Lucy. It just happened so fast. The virus program never activated so don't think t was a virus.
    I have lots of stuff stored on external storage(floppys and CD's) but there's still lots just gone.
    Carol

9. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

:;group Carol I've missed seeing you online. I'm sorry to hear about your computer. That must have been devistating! I remember when my laptop got stolen and I lost all of my pictures and I was so sad. I was more sad about my pictures than I was my computer, lol. Anyways, I hope you get everything sorted out soon. Stay well :;group