Gone Mad lol - New Boyu Tank 60 Gallon Tank 

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well i popped into the aquarium centre and ended up coming out with a Boyu Cherry 60 Gallon tank :;banana1

Got it back and hubby assembled it and i cleaned the hole lot down besides washing gravel, next day kept my fish running on a small pump filter, while i vacuumed half their water out to add to the new one, then topped it up keeping the temp at 80F with Aquasafe, then transported my fish from one tank to another as they was sitting beside each other and i then added the rest of their water to the new one and got the new Fluval side pump running.

Then sorted out my own filter system on top, with Bio rings and Betta filter matt and activated filter carbon and Fluval ammonia remover.
IMG_20200123_135114_3.jpg

Then started the system up and the temp is on 80F, the main pump inside gives off air from the side also, then i have the fluval side filter pumping oxygen but i put my
old ornaments in to help with good algae and also my Dwarf Otto catfish, until i get some better ones when it's done more cycling.

IMG_20200122_172829_7.jpg

IMG_20200123_164717_3.jpg

IMG_20200123_194817_9 (2).jpg

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
On top of doing my new one spent another couple of days cleaning my old one out as my son in law wants to buy it off me so i dropped on lucky and that's all done besides gravel being cleaned as he wants that also plus doing him a new filter system...i need a NEW BACK :(

IMG_20200123_185716_3.jpg

IMG_20200123_185726_4.jpg

IMG_20200123_185743_5.jpg

IMG_20200123_190138_0.jpg

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well today the tank is still slightly misty and fish doing well so far and Otto's are feeding well off the algae on ornaments and plants till i do a new decor slowly.

Tested water to make sure of the readings.
ph - 7.6
Ammonia - 0.15ppm (swaying to yellow more)
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Tez!!! LOVE the tank!!! It looks GREAT!!! I just subscribed to your YouTube channel!!!

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dawn Michele said:
Hi Tez!!! LOVE the tank!!! It looks GREAT!!! I just subscribed to your YouTube channel!!!
Hi Dawn, i shall be subscribing to your channel so i can watch all your video's at my own leisure :;banana1 besides when you add them on here.
When i woke this morning water had totally cleared and the tank looks even larger :eek:...i'm down wales tomorrow for the day dropping that tank off.
I put my fishing gloves on today just to clean one of the plants and omg the pressure going around the water, i thought i was losing an arm :hilarious:

Hi Dawn Michele i did another test on my water yesterday as the cloudiness removed in a day and half and ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm and nitrate 5ppm, as my first test was showing ammonia at 0.15ppm.

Tomorrow off shopping for more chemicals i don't get off amazon and then onto the aquarium to buy my new decor which i shall introduce slowly by leaving good algae in there lol...don't you just love redecorating :hilarious: :;banana1

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tez said:
Hi Dawn Michele i did another test on my water yesterday as the cloudiness removed in a day and half and ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm and nitrate 5ppm, as my first test was showing ammonia at 0.15ppm.

Tomorrow off shopping for more chemicals i don't get off amazon and then onto the aquarium to buy my new decor which i shall introduce slowly by leaving good algae in there lol...don't you just love redecorating :hilarious: :;banana1
Hi Tez!!! Hope your doing well. Thank you so much for subscribing to my channel. I appreciate it. :) I can't wait to see what you get for the tank. It's so exciting decorating a tank & buying decor. I think I could decorate everyday. LOL!!! It's so good to see you here on again. :;bananababy Have a GREAT day & talk soon!!! :happy:

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dawn Michele said:
Hi Tez!!! Hope your doing well. Thank you so much for subscribing to my channel. I appreciate it. :) I can't wait to see what you get for the tank. It's so exciting decorating a tank & buying decor. I think I could decorate everyday. LOL!!! It's so good to see you here on again. :;bananababy Have a GREAT day & talk soon!!! :happy:
Hi Dawn, i'm doing the best i can thanks plus thanks for asking :happy: I've got two large false plants and 3 roman statues, i dropped on with the largest just because it was chipped a bit i got it for
£9-99 i know i walked out the aquarium with 3 small cory cats and waffas and the lot costing me...get ready for it nearly £98 :hilarious: i'm sure i saw my hubby held his chest :eek: lol

Yes speak with you soon Love Tez :happy:

TWiG87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
TWiG87 said:
Very nice looking tank, seems like your water parameters are doing well
Thanks i keep a regular check on the water readings and also check my fish daily, although the glass is magnified i still get a large magnifying glass besides and do a full count up :hilarious: just fetched 3 small cory cats today.

TWiG87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They look nice and happy

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
TWiG87 said:
They look nice and happy
Two that was remaining this morning have gone back to the shop :(

Tez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
TWiG87 said:
They look nice and happy
Hi TWIG, i tested my water yesterday ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrate 5ppm added the rest of new decor today and removed 5 buckets of water as it was slightly misty but that's the slight cycle it's going through but you'll see the mist in the picture, i also lowered the water abit with the heat it was causing wet on the top and back lid by the filter and since doing so bone dry now :)

IMG_20200204_171116_5.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom